“I have no complaints”

Ranked #49 of 96 Restaurants in North Conway
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Luciano family welcomes you to Merlino's Family Steakhouse, a Landmark in North Conway, New Hampshire since 1967 Sports Tavern, steaks, lobsters, family Italian recipes, and a Merlino's Famous Sunday Buffet! The Classic Northern New Hampshire restaurant with longtime, local servers and bartenders, and great food! Reservations welcome and please fill out our comment cards at the end of your party. Thank you!
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Had a free dessert coupon and decided to give it a try. I'm a sucker for prime rib so I couldn't help but order the smaller cut of the two. A family style salad comes before hand which you must decide amongst the table if it should be a house salad dressed with garlic ranch or ceasar. Not sure if I like this concept or not, but we decided upon the house with garlic ranch which was VERRRYYY garlic-y! Could've used a bit more flavor but was still good. The pribe rib was excellent which I ordered with garlic mashed potatoes. There was no need for butter, I just dipped my potatoes right in the au jus which they give a generous bowl of. My mom ordered the yankee pot roast which was equally fabulous. They have a decent wine and drink selection as well. Service is very good, very nice people. Dessert was an Apple Crisp a la mode which was also excellent, high quality french vanilla ice cream on top, the only think that would make it better (in my opinion) is if the crisp were made with fresh apples (since it IS apple season), instead of apple pie filling. Besides this I had a great experience!

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Girls weekend in N.H. included a trip the N. Conway outlets and lunch at Merlino's! I had been here about 9 years ago with my husband and really liked it then. I was pleased to see it has been updated and seems much brighter than I remember. We all enjoyed our food and cocktails, Our waiter "Dan" was a sweet guy who joked with us and made a table full of 40 something women giggle...bonus for Dan! We will be back for another girls weekend and will defiantly be stopping for lunch again.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Our party of 9 enjoyed a great meal in this very family-friendly steakhouse. It is definitely family-friendly from the atmosphere, the menu and the prices. Worth a visit when you are in North Conway.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Our waitress was very nice however the food was terrible. The bill was over $100 for two adults and a child. We will never return!

Reviewed August 23, 2012

We thought we would try a local, family-owned and run restaurant rather than the many chain establishments in the area. Of course, we were hoping to find a jewel, but found an outdated, somewhat grimy spot with questionable prices and only marginally acceptable food instead.

A bit rough and rather dark would be the best way to describe the decor. I don't mind dingy places like that, but they had better back it up with outstanding food/service. And that was just not the case.

My wife ordered a boiled, soft-shelled lobster, which is almost impossible to mess up. She said it was very good. The price was not, however. The going price for lobster this summer was very low, but this place charged as if it were still way up there.

I had heard from some local folks that the hamburgers were very good here. Well, maybe so, but mine wasn't. The meat was obviously frozen before it hit the grill and was cooked to "very well done" rather than the medium well I requested. Again, this was way overpriced compared to say, Chili's. For the price we paid, one would have expected the best burger ever.

My daughter ordered one of the pasta dishes and left most of it uneaten. She's a pasta lover and was obviously disappointed.

The best part was the local ale, which while overpriced, was very tasty. I wish I could remember the name of the brewery, but they get an A+.

I will say that our food server was friendly - as in "girl next door." She happily took our picture when asked, tried her best to please, and was very pleasant from start to finish.

Bottom line: Overpriced; dark, grimy decor. Nice folks. Sub-par food.