“Food was good”

Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed October 13, 2013

First, the restaurant serves good, basic Chinese food. Nothing extraordinary but what do you expect given the price point. Much like any other Chinese restaurant you have been to in your life - predictable decor, predictable menu and service. The quality was good - portion sizes plenty. Between the 3 of us, we had a Moo Shu Chicken, a Chicken with Cashews, and a Shrimp dish - all good. So if you are in Conway and in the mood for Chinese, you won't be disappointed...or overwhelmed.

There are newer reviews for China Chef

Reviewed October 12, 2013

We had a very nice lunch here...food was good and prices were reasonable. My husband and I both had a lunch special for $5.95 each. Mine came with three crab rangoons (most Chinese restaurants just give two with the lunch special), two beef teriyaki sticks, five chicken fingers, and pork fried rice. There was so much food that my daughter and I shared my plate and we were both full. We enjoyed our lunch here and will be back the next time we are in North Conway.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Since the two women in our party of four are both Asian and quite picky about their Chinese food, some of this feedback is relayed from them. For myself, I had the chicken and snow peas, and it was very good. No complaints. I cannot recall all of the dishes ordered, but it was a variety of won ton soup and vegetable dishes. The feedback from the picky eaters is that the food was different from what they are used to in Hawaii but good. The restaurant was larger inside that it looked. I am not sure there would be adequate parking if the place was full. Décor inside was tasteful. It's not a real fancy place but, it was clean and the restroom was clean. The waiter, who may have also been the owner, was very attentive and helpful. The menu, I think, is reasonably priced. Dinner for four with a couple of beers was $60 with tip.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Decided to stop by on the way home from the mountains and get a take-out. For some weird reason, they refused to substitute fried rice for lo mein:( It was a first time, no explanations given either. Obviously, we'd be more than happy to pay extra and get what we want. But 'no' was an answer...
We did enjoy the food, though there were way too many vegetables (probably to compensate for a small amount of actual pepper steak and chicken). Crab rangoons had a slight oil taste. Can't really say that we were disappointed, but we weren't impressed either, so I wouldn't recommend it to friends.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

I love this place. It is a hidden gem in North Conway. Always not crowded, excellent food and service. The prices are reasonable and the drinks are usually very good. Directly across from the Christmas Loft for after dinner walking around and looking at goofy Christmas stuff. They have animatronics and fun things.