“Train Ride”

Dining Car Chocorua
Ranked #64 of 93 Restaurants in North Conway
Description: The Chocorua was Built by Pullman in 1929 and is in service on the Conway Scenic Railroad in North Conway, NH. Enjoy a First Class dining experience, complete with friendly, attentive service, in a beautiful oak-paneled restaurant on wheels where the views are constantly changing.
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We only took the short ride to Conway, would've liked the longer ride but was sold out and price was in the 50.00 area per person and the menu was the same. Food was not that great, small portions and the desert that was their choice was 2 little cookies also beverage was not included and a can of soda was 1.75 for 12 oz. Nice ride but wouldn't suggest buying the ticket for the dining car.

2  Thank 22faith
There are newer reviews for Dining Car Chocorua

Reviewed September 19, 2012

Took the train for a ride of about 55 minutes. Along with the ride was lunch. The menu had good choices and the meal was served in a very reasonable time. My meal was hot, my wife took a salad and she found it to be very acceptable. We also took alcoholic beverages onboard, The choice was amazing

1  Thank Helene P
Reviewed September 17, 2012

great treat to eat in the fantastic dining car on the scenic railway.The food really good we started with fruit cheese and crackers,Clam chowder and salad, followed with a choice of entres Chicken corden blue,steak or salmon,dessert of pumpkin pie all really excellent and this service spot on .
Something well worth trying if you are in North Conway

1  Thank Oaks46
Reviewed August 18, 2012

We had such a wonderful time. My boys love trains and would ride the same one daily if hey could. The food on this train was amazing I was very surprised. I honestly did not think it was going to be as great. I had BBQ pulled pork as did my husband. Initially my kids had grilled cheese and the other a hot dog unfortunately my son likes boiled hot dogs and not grilled he can't fathom eating burn marks (If I could roll my eyes right now on this review I would so just imagine it :) ) the wait staff noticed he was not eating asked if anything was wrong and had the chef make him a grilled cheese hitch I thought was very nice.

1  Thank akira502
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I thought the food was pretty darn good. Better than I was expecting for a lunch on a train. THe pulled pork sandwich was as good as I have had (and I've had many, I luv BBQ). It came with and interesting salad ... made with millet seeds? Whatever they were it was a sophisticated and pleasing taste. The menu is limited but the food is nice!

1  Thank TegansDad