“Great selection, friendly people and, most importantly: great chocolate!”

Bavarian Chocolate Haus
Ranked #4 of 21 Shopping in North Conway
Reviewed May 24, 2014

We caught this place in passing and U-turned to go back and try it. Having spent a great deal of time in Bavaria and knowing that German chocolate beats any other European chocolate (yes, even Belgian), we had to give it a try. I can't say there was much Bavarian about the place or the chocolate, but it was still extremely good. We loaded up bags by weight and are still enjoying all of the sweet chocolaty goodies as we continue our journey. Don't let this one slip by!

Reviewed December 30, 2013

We stopped in for some hot chocolate and a sweet treat after a day of hiking and snowshoeing. The staff was friendly and patient with us and wrapped up my local syrup purchase really well for the trip home.

Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

My family and I (from Texas) stopped in here the first time in 2000 while vacationing in the area to see the fall foliage! We loaded up on many of our favorites and enjoyed them during our stay!
Yesterday (08/23/13), my wife and I were again visiting the area (celebrating our 34th Wedding Anniversary) so we stopped in to get some goodies once again!
My personal favorites are ANY of their truffles, and the maple walnut fudge---DELICIOUS!!!
If you can't find something you like here, you're probably just being "too picky"!
Looking forward to our next visit, and you can be sure that we will be stopping by for more great goodies!

Reviewed July 25, 2013

This is a tiny place, with really awesome chocolate. Some of the best I've ever had, no joke! Try the maple walnut candies and the cinnamon patties, as well as the salted caramel chocolates. Not to mention the needhams, grapefruit slices, and the non-pareils. Also the turtles weren't too bad either.

Ok, I admit it, I went multiple times over the course of 3 days. It's just really good chocolate. I need to go back.

2  Thank trisarahtopss
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This has to be the best chocolate on earth I swear. As soon as you walk in the door you can smell the best chocolatey smell ever. Every year for Valentines Day My boyfriend and I hand pick a good size box of assorted candy. They have everything from fudge to chocolate covered pretzels/marshmallows/oreo's, you name it. They hand make it all right there and you can even see through the glass as the guy is making it. It's a cute store inside and out..love it!!