“Very average Mexican”

Jalisco Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #36 of 93 Restaurants in North Conway
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: New restaurant in No. Conway serving authentic Mexican food with good prices and large servings.
Concord, New Hampshire
“Very average Mexican”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Good Mexican food is hard to find in New Hampshire and after visiting Jalisco, the search is still on. That being said, I will go back to try other items but on this visit the food was average. The service was good, the drinks reasonably priced, and the decor was a little loud and too bright. I think they could lower the room lights a little so everything doesn't glare. As for the food I thought the chips could have been tastier which made me wonder if they were made fresh or purchased, the salsa good, but I ordered my favorite - Chicken Mole. Once you have had a great one, the hunt is on for another incredible taste experience. In this case, it was not close - it actually tasted bland. My partner had a combination plate which was ok. I love Mexican food so we will go back to try a few more items and then provide an update.

• Visited November 2012

North Conway, New Hampshire
“We keep coming back for more”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

My fiance and I visited the restaurant during the first week it was open and were really impressed. Sometimes with new places there can be a learning curve, staff still being trained maybe still putting the last little pieces of the puzzle together. This wasn't the case here, they were friendly, quick and really seemed to enjoy being there. They work as a group to make sure every single customer has a good experience in the dining room.

The prices are extremely reasonable, starting from $3, I think the most expensive meal was around $15 or so. Where else can you get a 1/2 pitcher of margarita for less than $10 bucks (easily holding 4 drinks)?

We've been back 4 or 5 times since they've opened and every time it's excellent. Friendly service, good food, generous portions, at a great price... Oh and the homemade tortilla chips are a treat when you first sit down, always warm with homemade salsa, yum!

• Visited October 2012
Kent
“The best!”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We have just eaten at Jalisco and both my husband and I had two very different meals and they were both excellent, as we're the freshly fried tortilla chips and salsa that we were offered while we were waiting for our meals to be cooked.
The staff were very attentive and we can't wait to return.
This new restaurant is the best Mexican in the area.

• Visited October 2012
waco tx
“Who would have thought? Good Mexican Food in NH”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We arrived in N Conway in the middle of the afternoon. Being from Texas and not having had a Tex-Mex "fix" in over a week, we were ready to give the New England Mexican food a try. We were so surprised to find it was almost exactly what we get back home. Needless to say, we left stuffed with enchiladas, chips and hot sauce. Great taste of "home" in New England.

Visited September 2012
West Hempstead, New York
“Industrial Mexican with the worst service ever”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Had the service been near adequate the total lack of decor and the industrial pseudo-Mexican cuisine would have elevated my review to a three star. But here's what a restaurant should NEVER do. A restaurant should never take your order from appetizer to dinner and then serve them all at once. There was barely room on the table for all the plates they brought at the same time and by the time I finished my Jalepeno Poppers my combination dinner was cold.

The food itself and the Sangria were adequate at best but I didn't expect more. I expected more, or SOMETHING at least in the way of decor. Hey! Throw a sombrero in the corner somewhere, no? But the service was nothing short of an insult. If you're stuck for some reason going here for dinner, order your appetizer and don't say another word until it's done. Then order your dinner. It'll come out of the microwave three seconds later so be prepared.

• Visited August 2012