“Not what we expected & disappointing”
Review of Good Times Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

Good Times Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 1, 2013

The service was friendly and efficient. Restaurant clean. However, it seems to not have a clear identity. The name suggests it is a casual pub atmosphere but it's more upscale casual Italian. There's a lobster on the sign but there are only a few seafood dishes on the menu - the only lobster being lobster Mac & cheese. The pizza other people ordered looked good & is hand tossed so I would suggest that. I wouldn't recommend the fried haddock. Being from New England I expected a thicker, beer battered fish. Instead, it came out as a cornmeal old bay batter that left it dry. My husband's burger came out well done instead of medium. I expect to pay a bit more during vacation and good food is well worth the cost. Our dinner at Good Times felt like a waste and it is overpriced for what it is. I'm not sure where the great reviews are coming from other than the good service. Our server was very nice.

goodtimesnorthconway, Manager at Good Times Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

We are very sorry your experience was not what you expected. We always do the best we can, to make our costumers happy. We wish you said you prefer your Haddock beer battered, as the Fried Haddock on our menu is not beer battered. We hope you can visit us again and our chef will be more then happy to make your fish beer battered as our kitchen team is always ready to answer on every special request. About the lobster we do offer boiled lobsters or baked stuffed lobsters, we have them as a specials as the lobster price go a lot up and down.
We strongly recommend you give us another shot as 95% of our costumers are extremely happy with their food. Just let us know you prefer beer battered fish or try any of the other delicious items on our menu and we strongly believe that your experience should be positive.
Good Times Management.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

The calamari was the best I have had!!! And I have had it in many places! Service was good but we were the only ones there as it was still a little early. Chief came to the table to ask if all was ok which I thought was a nice touch, prices were reasonable. If you are in the mood for Italian while in North Conway I don't think you will be disappointed.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We ate here on Wednesday night May 22, 2013. I had ribs, salad and sweet potato. The ribs were as good as any I have had the salad was fresh and the sweet potato was really good as well.

We will definitely go here again.

1  Thank Joseph S
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Great food , great staff. Restaurant is a little hidden but definitely a great place to eat.The server was very personable and they make a great Cosmo.

1  Thank Heather T
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Nice and friendly place, it took some time for the food but worth waiting for, so glad i had real food, kids loved the pool tables