“Great outdoor fun in North Conway”

Cranmore Mountain Resort
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Cranmore Mountain, a four season resort located in the heart of North Conway Village in the White Mountains of New Hampshire, has been entertaining families with fun and festive activities for over 77 years. With skiing and riding on 57 trails and glades in the winter, as well as ten lanes of tubing, a Mountain Coaster, Giant Swing and Soaring Eagle Zipline, there is something for everyone in the family! In the fall, visitors can face their fears at the Ghoullog, Cranmore's own haunted house, or visit the rides in the darkness at the Haunted Playground. Summertime at Cranmore provides guests of all ages with a full selection of action and play. With rides in the Mountain Adventure Park, to a treetop Aerial Adventure Park, there are so many ways to spend the day.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase
Easton, Massachusetts
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Great outdoor fun in North Conway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

My wife and I did the aerial adventure course and had a great time. After a short tutorial on how to use the equipment, we were off to the course. Let me start by saying that I am afraid of heights. I felt very comfortable on the course and never felt scared and safety was emphasized. There are courses with increasing difficulty and we were able to complete the black course at the end of our session. We were quite exhausted, but had a great time. I would not do the more difficult courses if you are not in decent shape. Let me add that the staff was EXCELLENT!!!!! We will definitely return the next time we come back to North Conway.

Visited September 2013

MASSACHUSETTS
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Surprisingly good time!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

We set out for a 2 day trip to NH, planning to visit Attitash with the kids. When we phoned our hotel to see if they offered discount tickets, they told us no, but they did to Mt. Cranmore. We looked it up online and it looked similar to Attitash, so we took a chance.

Sometimes, taking a risk pays off! We had a wonderful day. I'll admit, upon arriving, we found ourselves thinking "WHAT have we gotten ourselves into???" It doesn't look like much, that's for sure! But the kids loved it, as did we. I am willing to admit that part of what made our visit so amazing was probably that the park was pretty empty when we visited. I'm not sure that it is that way all the time? I can imagine, on a busy day, having to stand in line in the sun would definitely put a damper on things! We were there the week before Labor Day and I sense a lot of families had already finished their summer vacations and many kids were already back in school. We rode the rides over and over and over again. There wasn't any wait. There's nothing "out of this world" as far as rides go, but we still laughed and enjoyed ourselves. The kids liked the tube slides best, followed by the mountain coaster. Do not miss the chairlift ride up - the views are amazing! The only ride we did "just once" was the giant swing. I think the kids would have done it again, but they needed to be accompanied by an adult and both of us...well, let's just say....our stomachs weren't up to riding it twice!

We did not visit the aerial adventure park. Because of the kids' height, they would only have been able to use the first couple levels, so we opted against spending the money. So I cannot comment on that.

The staff couldn't have been any nicer or more helpful. It was a pleasure for sure. You don't see that too often anymore.

A great day was had by all and we look forward to returning, maybe next year!

1 Thank SQM28
Wellesley, Massachusetts
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Summer fun! Great afternoon with the kids”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

The mountain coaster is a blast! Unlike Attitash, it's on rails (instead of a tub) like real roller coaster, so you can go as fast as you want (which after a few rides, our kids insisted on). They also have a giant swing, a basic zipline, summer tubing run, and separately, a large high ropes course and set of 'real' zipline. All very fun for a nice afternoon.

Harvard
“Awesome attraction and great customer experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

This is the attraction to go compared to Attitash! Lines move quicker and employees sincerely care about your experience! I was impressed with all the thank you's. There are 5 of us in the family with our youngest at 7. Everyone had a blast! Mountain coaster was awesome!

Bolton, Massachusetts
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Aerial Adventure is a Blast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

We have never stayed at the resort, but we really like the Aerial Adventure course (we have done it 2 years in a row now). They provide training on the equipment before you go, and there are guides on the course to help if you get stuck or just need some encouragement!. Several different courses provide a nice range of challenges for both novice and experienced adventurers. My 11-year old son and 8 year-old daughter both managed well (yellow and both green courses). Very safe. Challenging for parents too, but just keep moving and you'll be OK :) Zip lines were a blast!