“Great family ski resort”

Cranmore Mountain Resort
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Cranmore Mountain, a four season resort located in the heart of North Conway Village in the White Mountains of New Hampshire, has been entertaining families with fun and festive activities for over 77 years. With skiing and riding on 57 trails and glades in the winter, as well as ten lanes of tubing, a Mountain Coaster, Giant Swing and Soaring Eagle Zipline, there is something for everyone in the family! In the fall, visitors can face their fears at the Ghoullog, Cranmore's own haunted house, or visit the rides in the darkness at the Haunted Playground. Summertime at Cranmore provides guests of all ages with a full selection of action and play. With rides in the Mountain Adventure Park, to a treetop Aerial Adventure Park, there are so many ways to spend the day.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed February 1, 2013

We stayed in North Conway at the NC Grand Hotel (great). The ski resort of Cranmore mountain is right in the picturesque town of North Conway and a five minute drive from our hotel. The resort is lovely, plenty of parking with a short walk from the car parks to the ski area. Staff are friendly and if you ski during the week there are NO queues and the slopes are almost empty. The ski runs are all groomed beautifully and the scenery is stunning. A great experience.

1  Thank GuinnieBoy
There are newer reviews for Cranmore Mountain Resort

Reviewed January 28, 2013

I'm not sure exactly how many times I have visited, but it has always been a great experience. I was just there yesterday. They have a wonderful ski school, my son (Now 11) has visited a few times. The instructors have always been fantastic (a BIG thank you to Ian who spend the day with my son yesterday). My son loves it!
It has never been crazy crowded, yesterday was so quiet there were NO waits for any of the lifts. Conditions were wonderful! I like to stick to the green (easy) trails and Cranmore has many to offer. We were there with friends who ski much more frequently, so tend to go for the most difficult trails. We all had a blast. People who work there are always friendly and helpful.
Here is a tip: If you reserve the ski school lesson at least the day before online, you can save money. They have a great website; check it out.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Cranmore has a great ski school. The food in the lodge cafeteria is great (we only tried Pizza & Chicken Fingers). There is a good variety of trails for whole family. I skied with my 7-yr-old daughter, and a friend with his 6-yr-old. They loved it!

Reviewed January 22, 2013

On a holiday weekend, the mountain was not crowded. The trails for beginners are easygoing, and beginners can go top to bottom, which is hard to do at other mountains. Very relaxed atmosphere. The trails tend to follow the fall line, making for a pleasant ski experience.

1  Thank swolf624
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We boarded Attitash one day and Cranmore the next. We found better snow conditions at Cranmore and it was less crowded, so getting around was easier. This mountain has more green trails for beginners, which was great, and yet still has some challenging terrain for experienced boarders. More seating in the dining areas made for a better visit!

Tubing was also fun, though for $25 per person for 2 hours, it was not cheap. I think this was very overpriced, particularly since you could have tons of fun in an hour. We probably wouldn't choose to tube here again unless the prices were significantly reduced.