“Value for money & excellent service”
Review of Kearsarge Inn

Kearsarge Inn
Ranked #4 of 21 North Conway B&B and Inns
Puerto Escondido, Mexico
“Value for money & excellent service”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I stayed here for 1 night and had actually had made my booking for the wrong night. It was my fault completely and they were under no obligation to help me or even find a room for me but they did. Gayle in Reception was superb and sorted it all out for me before I even arrived. I know the place was nearly full and busy and she must have done some fancy manoeuvring to find me a room, which I'm so grateful for. She was very fast and efficient checking me in (much appreciated after a long day driving) and then was on hand later that evening to tell me all about the town, the restaurants and where to find a drink.

My room was beautiful, comfortable and spotlessly clean. The location is excellent. I think the Kearsarge Inn is great value for money with excellent service and I would love to stay here again sometime. Very highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Grafton, NY
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I just finished a 3 night stay (17-20 March 2013) at the Kearsagre Inn and it exceeded my expections in almost every way. First, I found the staff very friendly and accomodating. For example, the wifi in my cottage room was weak and intermittent but Gail gave me a cable to get the super fast cable internet. She also gave me a key to enter the main inn building and sit in the parlor to use the wifi there in the evening when the staff was not around. I didn't need to use it but it was great to have the option.
I chose this place because of its location north of the outlet shops but within easy walking distance of places to eat. I was attending a conference some distance up the road at the Mt. Washington Hotel and didn't want to be "captive" there for food options and also have to pay the much higher room cost...conference expenses were coming out of my pocket!
My room was #15 in the back-most cottage, a newer structure with excellent sound insulation as the party staying in the adjacent room one night was never heard by me. The antique furnishings, the comfy bed, the fresh and clean bathroom with a deep tub and hot hot water for the shower were greatly appreciated. The gas fireplace in the corner with tv above were just right although a bigger flat screen tv would make viewing from the bed much easier. I enjoyed falling asleep to the flickering glow of the fireplace even if the fan was a bit noisy when it kicked in.
Improvements? Well, maybe a table with a coffeemaker and microwave near the bathroom door would add versatility to eating options. However, the Stairway Cafe only minutes away had great breakfasts with homemade bread and applesauce and softly played some cool classic rock.
Oh, there was a 12-inch fall of fresh powder in the middle of my stay and their plow guy got the first half of the snow but didn't get to the last half of it before I had to depart early the next morning. So, although I had moved the car to the plowed area, it had accumulated a decent amount of snow. But, it was powder and the studded snows made quick work of getting to the street. Note, the inn is on a nice quiet side street away from the Rte 302 traffic.
Tip...walk north a short ways and try the Bangkok Cafe for dinner. It doesn't look like much but the owner is very sweet and the meals I had there were just right. Sake is available, too!
I'd go back to the Kearsarge in a minute and am already trying to get my wife to join me for a little getaway, even if it is a 4.5 hour drive. My sister is already psyched to go there and has mentioned all of us doing Xmas at the inn.

Room Tip: The back cottages are extra quiet, especially if you're going to be there during a weekend or hi...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Iceman272
Westchester, New York, United States
Reviewed March 18, 2013

The service is average. They took my credit card number to reserve the room which was supposed to have been 50% of the price of the room but when I arrived to the inn, they ran the card for the other half--- twice. So they took 1.5 times the amount they were supposed to have. They then returned one of the charges but then went back and charged that amount again. I had to dispute the charge with my bank because the person who handles the booking was not in and never returned my calls regarding the extra charge. The room was alright. Spacious but dated. Furniture and curtains were dated and the curtain in the bathroom was ripped. Could've been cleaner. Found dead insects in the bathroom. Also, the power went out for two hours because of high winds and nobody was at the front desk to help or assist. When I explained to the front desk the next morning that the power went out, they acted like they didnt know and did not even apologize that we did not have power. There is no breakfast at the inn and part of the driveway is unpaved so you walk in mud when it rains or snows.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Nev K
london
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Stayed there for a night last week. The suite was very nice and included a fireplace. The service was helpful and the room was extremely clean! The location is in the heart of North Conway, so everything is within walking distance.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Boston, MA
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Loved the location, right in town. Easy walk to shops and restaurants. Room was lovely, really enjoyed the fireplace in the room. Comfortable furnishings, and very well kept. Overall it was a great value and perfect place to spend the night after an evening in N. Conway (spent at Moat Smokehouse and Horsefeathers) and before heading to the mountains early the next morning.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Windham, New Hampshire
Reviewed January 10, 2013

The inn is lovely, accommodations comfortable, and is easy to get to. As I booked under the B&B web site, I was under the impression that a full breakfast was included. There was fresh coffee/tea available for each morning and a breakfast area around the corner, but disappointing to not have a meal in this lovely older home. Staff was helpful in providing directions to area attractions. Quiet and quaint, our room invited you to cozy up in the big chair by the fireplace and read. As this inn is on a side street, traffic is minimal and we enjoyed a great dinner across the street at a little Italian restaurant called Bellini's...good food, fair prices.
We would stay at the inn again

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Karebearnurse
UK
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Apologies for late review
No issues at all with the Kearsarge
Stayed in one of the rooms (15 if i recall) separate at the back of the hotel
Clean, tidy and spacious, awesome fitted bathroom!
The Feathers pub is next door and discounted on one night, as is the hotel in Jackson, all owned by the Kearsage. Good food everywhere.
Not an issue for us but wireless coverage is limited (to verandah and main building) which could be extended. This is a comment and no way intended as a criticism
Whilst youre in North Conway go on a train ride, and drive up Mt Washington! Oh...and raid the outlet village!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple