We ski in the North Conway area almost every wekeend during ski season and have stayed at several of the inns/motels in the area. The rates at the Clarendon are very competitive and the Innkeeper was very welcoming when we checked in. The rooms were OK (nothing special, a little dated looking, but since we spend most of our time on the mountain it's not a big deal). The walls are a little thin and the showers make a TON of noise, so you will definitely know when the guests next door are "home."
However, my biggest complaint about the Clarendon is the bed. First, there are no King beds at the Clarendon. But more importantly, the mattress in our room was one of the most uncomfortable I have ever slept on. Unfortunately, a comfortable bed after a long day of skiing is probably the most important asset a hotel/motel can offer (along with hot water!). The only way you will be able to sleep on the mattress at the Clarendon is if you drink enough alcohol to subsequently pass out for 8 hours.
Because the bed was so uncomfortable, I don't plan to stay at the Clarendon again. If the Motel buys new mattresses, I will most certainly reconsider.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in one of the most exciting villages in the White Mountains; just minutes from Storyland, Conway Scenic Railroad and Mount Washington. You can also find great tax free shopping and a variety of restaurants. A great affordable family vacation stay with clean comfortable rooms. We also have suites with full kitchens that sleep four to six people. All of our lodging is kid friendly and priced to fit anyone's budget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Clarendon Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clarendon Motel North Conway
- Clarendon Hotel North Conway