“Well Maintained, Older Motel For Those On A Budget”
Review of Clarendon Motel

Clarendon Motel
Ranked #21 of 25 Hotels in North Conway
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I stayed at the Clarendon last night for the third time over the past six or seven years. I wanted to
experience how North Conway celebrates is Fourth of July. Situated an a small rise about two miles beyond the village, it is an older, very clean and well-maintained property offering rooms at considerably lower prices than most of the other accommodations in the area. The front desk staff is friendly and attentive. This place, like Barton's Motel in Laconia, proves that older does not at all mean ruin-down. It is simply a clean and comfortable place to rest at the end of a long day exploring the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank NewEnglandLover
There are newer reviews for Clarendon Motel

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I had never been to the Mt Washington area before and planned a vacation and itinerary all via internet. I found the Clarendon Motel online and checked their calendar before calling Diane the owner.....She set me up for 5 nights and I later decided to extend it to 6 after seeing how much there is to do in the area.
I was greeted upon arrival and assigned a room....I found the wireless internet service to be weak from the room that I was assigned to, so I went back to the office and spoke with Diane,,,,who moved me to another room adjacent to the office.....Wireless worked like a charm from that point onward.....When I told Diane what I wanted to do in the area, she gave me a batch of pamphlets and dining guide which was a great help. Diane and her husband Bill are very friendly and were great hosts during the stay....Asking me if things were ok with the room and asking how things were going with my exploring around the area...The Clarendon is about 16-18 miles and 20-30 minutes South of the Mt. Washington Auto road via Rte 16 and about 45 minutes and 36 miles from the Cog Ralroad via Rte 302 and Base Station Rd...but the Clarendon is also within a few miles of plenty of restaurants, shopping, gas stations, so you are not out in the middle of no-where...plus the Clarendon is just North of the business district so it is a quieter location with less traffic and noise than downtown....another plus to me.

I was very satisfied with the room accomodations.....A/C, fridge, microwave, TV.....Room was very clean and cleaned daily during my visit......Cicking onto the room pictures on the Clarendon website will give an idea of what the rooms are like....If you want a sauna or pool, you'll have to go to one of the local resorts....but you'll pay a lot more.......For my needs, a clean room with wireless, a/c..etc is all I need.....I will definitely be back!

Room Tip: If wireless internet is a priority, ask for a room closer to the office (depending on number of beds...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank dwi189
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Our room was large and sunny. Located right on Rt. 16 but past the louder part of North Conway village. Very clean and super friendly hosts! Walking distance to great beer and food. Coffee was offered first thing in the morning and our hosts were very knowledgeable about things to do in the area. Overall, a great stay and we can't wait to return!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Large room, so-so bed, easy access off highway but kind of out of town on north side so a ways back to restaurants, gas, etc. Clerk had to stop watching TV to briefly check us into room. Peak season for tourists when we were there but still felt overpriced for value received.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I traveled here in March, 2012 to hike Mt. Washington. I am a woman in my 40s traveling alone. This place is clean. Nothing special. The location isn't too bad. The woman who checked me in seemed a little concerned that there were additional people traveling with me because it seems they charge for additional people. I informed her I was traveling alone, and I don't think she believed me. If you want an inexpensive place to stay this is adequate.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank MarathonGirl123
desktopN, Owner at Clarendon Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Thank you for your comment about our Motel, I apologise for making you feel like I did not believe you that you were only 1 person but we do ask everyone when they check in to verify how many people they have because sometimes the number of people changes from the time they make the reservation and the time they arrive.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband and I just returned home from North Conway where we stayed at the Clarendon Motel. This is our third year in a row staying there. It had always been clean and comfortable and the rates are good. The owners are very nice people and they have coffee for you in the office, also cookies. It's also a quiet place to stay. You won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: We stay in one of the rooms that face the main street. It's nice to sit and relax on their comf...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank muffinforme
Reviewed June 22, 2012

My family lives in the area, and instead of inconveniencing them - I try to stay in the neighborhood. The past few times I've stayed at the Clarendon, and it's been absolutely comfortable. The rooms are clean, it has the north country vibe, the accommodations meet my needs (tv, wifi, fridge, microwave... etc). They've been incredibly helpful, and everyone who works there is super personable.

Without a doubt a great place to stay - price, people, area - I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family