“Just okay”

Ranked #23 of 25 Hotels in North Conway
milton, vt
“Just okay”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I called a week ahead and reserved a family suite. When we arrived, they gave us a king w/ Jacuzzi. The remote for the TV did not work at all, and there was no way to change channels on the TV itself. There is no front desk staff after about 9:30 pm (we arrived just before that), so we had no TV for the night. Granted, not a huge deal, but it would have been nice to chill out with a show or two after a long drive. The continental breakfast was a joke. Terrible waffles, cheap bread for toast, and some of the worst coffee I've had before. The indoor pool was too cold to swim in and located in a building that has definitely seen better days. In general, you get the impression that the hotel is not well-maintained and the owners are more concerned with saving money than ensuring their guests have a good experience.
On the positive side: the room was clean. The sheets and shower were particularly clean, which was nice.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank vermonter212

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were on a motorcycle trip and had ridden from Bar Harbor on a Sunday. By the time we rolled into North Conway, we just pulled into the first motel we saw. Our room was one king bed for $59. Surprisingly, the linens and towels appeared to be clean. The rest of the room and facility was dated, worn down, and musty smelling. Our door cards didn't work initially, but we eventually got that sorted out. Had to run the shower for almost five minutes to get lukewarm water. Continental breakfast was crowded, but acceptable. If all you need is somewhere to lay your head, this place works. If you're used to the motel chains (super 8, motel 6, etc) and looking for something on par, keep looking. I've stayed in worse places, but won't return.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Ralphersaurus

Travelers are raving about these North Conway hotels

Old Orchard Beach, Maine
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I don't understand why there are sooooo many bad reviews for this place. My boyfriend and I just recently stayed one night and really enjoyed our stay. Very clean room, comfortable bed, great heating system and awesome staff. The only negative thing I really have to say is that the internet connection kind of sucked and when it did work it was slow.....but what do you want for 54 bucks a night? Thats why I still gave them 5 stars. We would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Room 207 is great
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank redsoxfan30
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Just stayed here for 2 nights 3/8/13 - 3/10/13 because it was the cheapest place to stay in North Conway. It was awful! Definitely worth paying more to have a cleaner, more comfortable hotel room. The pillows had hairs on them so my husband and I had to call for new pillows. The bathroom looked broken down with a dirty shower curtain and all the amenities were cheap. Then we found a sock rolled up that wasn't ours! I would not stay here again and don't recommend it!
Stay anyway else in North Conway!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jen H
Bucks County, PA
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Stayed on a cold, cold weekend at the end of January. Surprisingly, the interior of the hotel was cold, supposedly from a recently broken pipe. (But now I read other people's reviews, and that broken pipe is mentioned a week earlier.) Anyway, rooms were frigid when we arrived, and then took probably 2 hours to warm up from just a combo air-condiitioner/heater unit. The bathroom never really warmed up (not in direct line of airflow). Oh, and hot water took probably 4 interminable minutes to flow to our room (but once it was there, shower stayed hot).
2nd area of disrepair: the "keys" (credit card things) didn't work the doors!!! They tried twice, then gave us the physical key with dire warnings not to loose the only one!
3rdarea: many of the common areas were ripped up, I suppose for fixing the pipe??

The good: our room was clean (other reviewers did not find that!) The price was cheap for the area (but like they say, you get what you pay for). The only real delight was the front desk staff being so incredibly nice. If it wasn't for them I'd have given this place zero stars. But they were friendly, cheerful and helpful (good restaurant reccomendations), and all this while bundled in their winter coats because they had no heat in their workspace.

The continental breakfast was bare-bones. It could hold you over with coffee, cereal, pastries; but not all the way till lunchtime.

In summary, even though it was cheap, I would have rather spent more money for a different place. Oh well.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank jimmydahiker
Milford, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 9, 2013

My girlfriend and I were staying in North Conway for a ski trip and arrived at the hotel around 3pm on Friday, 1/18 and were seen right away. We were given 2 keys and easy directions to the room. The front desk staff was very helpful. After getting to the room, we found the room was freezing and the heater in the room made the room smell like something was burning. Aside from that, the rest of the room was out dated, but appeared clean for the most part. We left shortly after that for dinner. When we arrived back to the room after dinner to settle in for the night, my girlfriend went to open one of the towels in the bathroom and found it was dirty. There were dark yellow and brown spots on the towel, as well as pubic hair. She opened the second towel, and found that towel to have more pubic hair and crusty fecal matter all over the towel. I walked all of our towels downstairs to the front desk and the two women there gave me all new freshly washed towels. They saw what was on the towels and said that it was both disgusting and unacceptable. They ended up giving us a $10 gift certificate to the Applebees that was next door to the hotel. Upon returning to the room, my girlfriend was opening the bed and upon looking at the sheets, we found a large, dried, yellow stain on the sheets, as well as more pubic hair everywhere. After seeing this, we decided to check the rest of the blankets. The maroon microfiber blanket on the bed ended up having "other" dried out bodily fluids on it. I also ended up bringing all of this downstairs to the two women at the front desk. They were appalled with what I had shown them. They opended brand new bags of sheets and blankets to take to our room personally. For the rest of our three days there, we did not allow housekeeping into our room, however I must say that we also never once saw housekeeping in the halls or anywhere else in the hotel our entire stay there. The hotel also had an indoor heated pool and hot tub. We decided to go check it out our second night there, and when we went down the pool was cold and murky and the hot tub was murky, smelled off, and the jets did not work. We spoke to the two women at the front desk when we were checking out. They took down my information, including an email address, and had informed us that they were writing a letter to the owners of the hotel to tell them of the horrible state of the room that we stayed in. She was trying to see if we could possibly get a refund of some sort. We had been informed of the weekend the owners would be at the hotel and that we should expect communication from them shortly there after. It has been almost three weeks since we left, and a week since the owners were there and we have still received no communication. Overall, I would not stay at this hotel again. The room was disgusting, however the front desk staff made our stay as bearable as they could.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Mike W
Orleans
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I reserved a room here last Saturday for me & my daughters on a 1st family in
vacation,walking into the lobby it was freezing cold because the pipes had burst, there was no warning or explanation of this! The door we were told to go into was unlocked no security, i have 2 children! the room was terrible! Small TV with few channels, bathroom dirty, sink hadn't been whipped down, gunk on walls beside toilet, shower gross, heat was on for half hour and the room didn't heat up. It took 10 mins for my daughter to have a severe allergic reaction! Not to mention our view was dq dumpster! Walking outside of my room every time was followed by a creepy foreigner that barely spoke. English asking what we were doing! You know how when your a child you want to explore the place ho swimming and such. They were so uncomfortable they didn't.want to.leave the room. The pool was a dump from a horror movie, cement old and unsafe for small kids feet, pool cover was thrown to the side unsafe for children walking around, old broken lawn chairs piled up in corners the promised arcade was behind the pool In a cement room which had the dumpster and dirry linens in it and contained 2 old crappy pin ball machines! The pool area and halls were freezing cold the lobby was torn apart. The women was 'kind.enough' to show us different rooms but after being followed by the creepy guy and the pool/environment and my daughter having a allergic reaction we were told by the women at the front desk if we left we could receive a refund thru the booking.agency, sounds great right? When I left and.called the booking agency they called the motel and the women refused to give a refund!!! We were there for no more then a half hour and never even brought in our stuff!! I was in tears, I was so distraught! Our vacation was amazing til this women ruined our trip! This place was such a dump I couldn't reccomend it to a animal shelrer. I don't know why the board of health hasn't shut them down! If I could give it all zeros I would

• Stayed February 2013