“Clean spacious room at reasonable price”

White Trellis Motel
Ranked #24 of 25 Hotels in North Conway
Rehovot, Israel
“Clean spacious room at reasonable price”
Reviewed August 31, 2011

We stayed at White Trellis Motel in a room with two beds for one night around the end of July, 2011.

Initially, we planned to travel in a group of three people and chose White Trellis Motel because it had a room with three beds at a cheap price. In the end, one guy could not come, and we told the owner so when we arrived there. Then, she did not charge the third person charge. She also offerred us another room with two beds at an end of the building, which is supposed to be quieter than those in the middle, and we took it. (For her side, she wanted to spare the room we reserved originally for potential customers who want to stay in the same room for that and next nights in a row.)

The room was old but well maintained and cleaned, as pointed out by many reviewers here. It was also spacious. I had nothing to complain.

I talked with the owner, Miyoko, and learned a little bit about her life, and how important she thinks her motel is for her life. I want to visit the motel again in the future. I am sure it will be there for a long time.

Disclaimer 1: The owner and I both speak Japanese. Due to my sympathy, this review might be biased.
Disclaimer 2: Sorry for my bad English.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank noriotakemoto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
North Attleboro, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 28, 2011

Fortunately, we get to go up to North Conway frequently. We ski in the winter and rockclimb during the other seaons. Sometimes we go as a couple, other times we have our friends and family join us. Mary is AWESOME about trying to arrange enough rooms. Rooms are always clean and very homelike. Over the years, we have probably stayed in everyone of them!! The flower gardens are beautiful and the view is unbeatable.

2 Thank Pam G
North Scituate, Rhode Island
Reviewed August 21, 2011

Every year my father and I get away for our annual fishing trip. For many years now, we've been staying at the white trellis motel. It's situated right in the middle of where we need to go, whether it's Peabody River to the North, or Swift River on the Kancamagus Highway. It Is a very nice motel at a reasonable costs. Also, the views of Cathedral Ledge are awesome! The service is excellent and they have even given us a couple of spots to try our luck at.

2 Thank Kevin L
North Chelmsford, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 9, 2011

Owner is always friendly and happy to see you.Room and bathroom always very clean.I lost my watch but wasn't sure where I lost it.A few days later,I called and the owner was very happy to tell me she found it in my room.Location is near everything.Golfing,skiing,dining,train rides,shopping,site-seeing,etc,are all near by..

Room Tip: Just ask owner,she is glad to help.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Alan M
East Jockstrap, usa
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Not a thrills place but is very clean which is important for me. Appearance outside terrific. Stayed here for the first time after a big hike. Comfortable bed but you may want to bring your more comfortable pillow with you as my only beef is that the pillows are kind of skimpy. I truly would come back after another 4000 footer hike.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 22, 2011

A very down to earth place with a lovely landlady. Extremely helpful and doing the utmost to make it an enjoyable stay and to feel home. Nothing fancy but all you need for a very reasonable price. Great location for starting your fishing trips in summer and skiing trips in winter.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Hackensack, New Jersey
Reviewed July 20, 2011

We have been staying at the White Trellis for longer than we can remember . . . The rooms are large - the air conditioning is great in the summer - and its quiet - a single floor so no kids above or below running through the halls at midnight. Its at the north end of town which makes getting into the top end of town through Intervale very easy and there you can skip over to the west side hwy to get south. We don't have kids - don't care about a gym - and eat out - everything else is stellar

Room Tip: Any room is great - the owners go out of their way to make sure you're happy.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family