My husband suprised me with a getaway for the weekend of 5/20. We ended up in North Conway New Hampshire and settled into our motel. We were looking for someplace to eat and came across the advertisement for Stonehurst Manor in the White Mountain Guide. We unfortunately were not staying at the manor and were very sorry that we didnt when we got there. We drove up the driveway and I commented to my husband about how serene it was. We then rounded the corner and saw what was the most beautiful place I had ever seen. I was completely amazed at the grounds and the exterior of the Manor. We parked the car and went inside. I felt like a princess that had just stepped into a castle. We made our reservations for 5:30 dinner and went to the lounge. This was not just a "lounge", it was the library of the Manor and was just magnificent. The hand carved mantle and the window seat were extraordinary. The bartender and the maitre'de was so very friendly and told us a lot about the history of the manor. Our meal was beyond words, my husband had the 3/4 lb prime rib and I had the veal w/crabmeat. The prime rib was fork tender and exrremely juicy, the veal was out of this world. The most exciting for me (but rather silly) was the creme brulee' for dessert....it was FABULOUS. The waitress was very very pleasant and I can say that we will go back very soon, only this time we will be staying at the Manor. I also brought a brochure to work with me, bragging about the "little piece of heaven" and 3 people have photocopied it and are making reservations to stay there. They deserve a huge pat on the back, but that would not be sufficient enough to thank them for such a wonderful relaxing meal. If you want to see a beautiful place to stay, got to ------.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- FREE dinner and breakfast at the Stonehurst Manor, a turn-of-the-century mansion located on 33 private acres just one mile north of North Conway, New Hampshire where you'll experience the "best" getaways that Mt. Washington Valley and the White Mountains have to offer. Romantic guestrooms and suites(many with mountain views, Jacuzzis and wood-burning fireplaces), a popular gourmet restaurant, a Library Lounge with a huge fieldstone fireplace and artisan-carved oak paneling gourmet restaurant serving New England cuisine and Italian specialties featuring Manor-made fresh pasta, wood-fired oven baked artisan bread and signature sourdough pizzas. We are also pet friendly! Outdoor seasonal heated pool and hot tub, tennis and doorstep access to trail network for walking, snowshoeing and cross country skiing. Conveniently located to area activities including tax-free shopping, skiing, fly fishing, hiking, biking, zip lines, and climbing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your The Stonehurst Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Stonehurst Manor Hotel North Conway
- Stonehurst Manor North Conway
- Stonehurst Manor Hotel North Conway