My wife and I, along with two friends took advantage of their Thursday night special. After having lunch at the Mt. Washington Hotel, ( separate review) we arrived at the Stonehurst Manor about 3:30pm. We were greeted warmly by the folks who checked us in and we took our luggage up to the third floor to our room #36. It was a small but adequate room with a screened balcony overlooking the parking lot and entrance to the Inn. After settling in we went down to the lounge to meet our friends. One of the waiters put napkins in front of us in anticipation of us ordering drinks. When the bartender came by to see what we wanted and we advised him we were good for the moment he took away the napkins, REALLY ODD.
At 6:15 we were shown to our table and enjoyed a salad, way too big, and my wife and I had the lamb, Delicious. It was accompanied by Garlic mashed potatoes and either squash or sweet potatoes, I didn't eat any so don't know. My wife and I both agreed that the food was very good but the presentation was a 5 out 10. Breakfast was also very good but again presentation was sadly lacking. I had the crepes stuffed with a marscapone filing and topped with a banana compote and whipped cream and accompanied with crisp bacon. A good meal and the service was excellent. Overall I would give the Manor an 8 out of ten. Will we go back, I would say yes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- FREE dinner and breakfast at the Stonehurst Manor, a turn-of-the-century mansion located on 33 private acres just one mile north of North Conway, New Hampshire where you'll experience the "best" getaways that Mt. Washington Valley and the White Mountains have to offer. Romantic guestrooms and suites(many with mountain views, Jacuzzis and wood-burning fireplaces), a popular gourmet restaurant, a Library Lounge with a huge fieldstone fireplace and artisan-carved oak paneling gourmet restaurant serving New England cuisine and Italian specialties featuring Manor-made fresh pasta, wood-fired oven baked artisan bread and signature sourdough pizzas. We are also pet friendly! Outdoor seasonal heated pool and hot tub, tennis and doorstep access to trail network for walking, snowshoeing and cross country skiing. Conveniently located to area activities including tax-free shopping, skiing, fly fishing, hiking, biking, zip lines, and climbing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your The Stonehurst Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Stonehurst Manor Hotel North Conway
- Stonehurst Manor North Conway
- Stonehurst Manor Hotel North Conway