“Once again a great vacation at the Stonehurst Manor!”

The Stonehurst Manor
Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in North Conway
montreal
“Once again a great vacation at the Stonehurst Manor!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

Every year my husband and I return to the Stonehurst Manor and this year we had another great vacation. The staff is wonderful as usual and the value for your money is exceptional. The location is ideal, we always stay in the higher end rooms with fireplace and Jacuzzi tub. This is well worth the extra money. The food is great and breakfasts this year were especially amazing. The manor is on a large wonderfully landscaped property and is very quiet and relaxing. What more could you ask for plus you are near good outlet shopping and activities if you want. Book early as the upscale rooms are booked far in advance. Enjoy your stay we always do.

Room Tip: Book early for best room selection
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Linda p
Peter R, Front Office Manager at The Stonehurst Manor, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Thank you! We are so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit to the Stonehurst Manor. Our grounds seem to change daily as flowers bloom, grass grows, the Fall foliage shows its brilliant display and then our beautiful winter blanket of snow---every season at the Stonehurst is beautiful and different and each has something special to offer. In the summer we have our outdoor swimming pool and Jacuzzi, in the winter we are part of the cross country ski trail system. You can sit out in the Adirondack chairs and watch the sun set, or sit by the fireplace and watch the crackling fire---relaxation at its finest!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
Coventry, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2014

What more can you ask for--a picture perfect setting and grounds, beautiful flowers all around, mountain views, a relaxing pool & hot tub, delicious meals, and the best group of people you will ever meet making your stay as enjoyable as possible.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rgbg24
Thank you! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was certainly our pleasure having you and we do hope to see you again soon!
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

This is a really nice place with a great location and amazing character. Staff all friendly and nice. Stayed in both lower and higher end rooms. Both good, the rooms in the manor are nicely decorated, large, with comfortable beds. Wonderful views from the patio or outdoor pool/hottub.

The real value here is the amazing food. With your room you get your breakfast and dinner included. includes soup/salad and any entree off the menu. That is a ~$70 for the 2 of you plus $30 for 2 breakfasts. For a room that only costs $156 you get about $100 worth of food!

And the food is really good with very large portions and specials. Not good if you have kids but an amazing romantic getaway.,

Room Tip: Main manor rooms have in room jacuzz or fire place. some have private screened balcony.
2 Thank Eastwood131
Peter R, Front Office Manager at The Stonehurst Manor, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Thank you very much for writing a review of your recent visit with us. We are so delighted to hear that your stay was all and more that you anticipated. Anytime that you stay with us, your rates always include both dinner and breakfast. Dinner each evening we offer a choice of our house soup or salad, any entrée and then hot coffee or hot tea. Breakfast each morning is anything from eggs benedict to stuffed French toast.
Brookfield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

Very beautiful architecture and view, grounds are covered with flower gardens and food is delicious. Rooms are decorated luxuriously and comfy beds, pleasant service. Close to North Conway Village Center.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Evelyn A
Thank you! Yes, we are only a mile and half north of the train station in North Conway and very close to all the shopping, golfing, hiking and other attractions. We also have discounted tickets to many of the attractions.
Loudon, New Hampshire
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

As for the hotel itself, it is beautiful, the rooms take you back in time, and the food is wonderful. I did not expect to have our wedding turn out the way it did. When we got married this past June, we did an afternoon wedding as opposed to an evening wedding. You would think that if you were going to pay almost $9k to rent a venue, pay for the food, hotel rooms, etc. that they would at least have the decency to either close the restaurant or have it open at a later time. Instead, we got married at noon and were forced to have everyone leave our reception by 4:30/5 so that they could clear everything out and open the restaurant. It wouldn't have been so bad except we were rushed so much I got to dance with my husband twice during the whole reception. While the girls and I were getting ready, the "planner" who is a manager at the hotel (you automatically get her when you book your wedding) came into the suit and repeatedly told myself, and my family/wedding party that we needed to hurry up, etc. We finally got out of the room so that I could walk down the aisle and of course, each person was rushed out of the hotel to walk. The ceremony was beautiful but then when it came time for photos, once again, we were being told we only had this much time and needed to speed it up, etc. At first, I let it go but when it came time for the reception all hell broke loose. Once we got to our table, the first thing I noticed was that instead of seating more people at a table or putting a couple tables together, a handful of my guests (including one of my bridesmaids) were seated in the room next to where the reception was and they did not get to see anything. Then dinner came out..it was delicious! I was about half way finished eating when the "planner" came up to us and said that we needed to start going around and saying hello to everyone because apparently we were on a "tight schedule". Needless to say, we didn't finish our dinner, and as we were going around to say our hello's and thank you's to everyone for coming, once again we were aproached by the manager and were told to "Speed it up because the cake is coming out shortly." I was in shock. The whole wedding she was running around looking at her watch repeatedly, and just had a horrible look on her face. I didn't get to finish saying hello to everyone and then it became even worse. My videographer was recording the cake eating and my husband pushed the cake into my face and immediately she comes running over in the middle of the ceremony and starts huffing and puffing about how "no one had ever done this before" and she was litterally scrubbing the floor and then began scrubbing my husbands pants and my dress. It was very embarassing because every attendee noticed all of her behavior and complained about how rude she was. When the end of the wedding came, we had about 15 minutes left and she started having staff pull up the dance floor and have the DJ leave. I always pictured a beautiful wedding (which it was) with my family and friends being able to enjoy themselves but it didn't happen. I was and am still so upset that I wish I could go back and have our wedding somewhere else. I later recieved an e-mail from my videographer stating that he had recorded and documented everything from that day in case I needed it. Even he stated that he would not want to do a wedding there again. Then, to top it off, our cake carving set mysteriously "disappeard" after it was taken to the kitchen to be washed. I am not one to complain but this was our one day about us...our special day...our wedding...and due to a poor planner, it was rushed and for the most part ruined. I knew that I would get stressed on my wedding day from all of the emotions, but I never expected to have a staff member from the venue have me stressed to the point of tears. If you want to go for dinner or stay a weekend, it is wonderful! Just don't waste all of your time and money to rent it for a wedding. I only give it two stars because of the food, views, and rooms. If we ever go back to stay for a weekend, I will write a review on just the stay itself. Hopefully it will be a 5 star next time.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
11 Thank Ashley G
Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2014

Superb room, excellent meals! Picked this from their web site, was a little unsure about meals being included, but dinner menu was varied and all choices were excellent. Breakfast was equally good, and room was large, clean, comfortable and very well furnished. Only issue we had was front desk folks were a little stand-offish. Restaurant servers were great,

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank R G
Thank you for letting us know of your recent stay with us. Chef Avi and his culinary department are always pushing the envelop on new tastes and treats to make your dinner and breakfast so memorable!
Seaford, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

Utterly unexpected!
My husband surprised me with a short getaway to The Stonehurst Manor in North Conway. We had never been to New Hampshire and we needed a place where we could bring our new, 5-month old puppy.

This unique "boutique hotel" sits atop a hill overlooking the White Mountains with incredible views and amazing tranquility. According to its site, the manor is a "turn-of-the-century Victorian mansion set on 33 rolling acres. It was originally built as the summer estate of carpet baron Erastus Bigelow, founder of Bigelow Carpets".

Weddings are hosted at the manor, and I can see why! With the sprawling outdoor views, gazebo and indoor elegant Victorian decor, there are plenty of photo ops for a bride and groom.

We rented a pet-friendly room toward the back of the manor. There are 26 rooms total, with 16 in the actual manor (I am sure those are nicer with fireplaces and Jacuzzi tubs) and 10 more in motel-style on the grounds. Our room was spotless with a food and water bowl and biscuits to greet our puppy. There are four dining areas, including a great screened Veranda. Every detail of its decor is carefully thought out.

One early evening we took advantage of the outdoor pool and hot tub. It's kept clean and well lit at night. The gazebo, as well as an outdoor seating and dining area are near by. Toward a higher point on the grounds, 10 Adirondack chairs are lined up facing the majestic mountains. Take a seat and just zone out!

The food!!! I don't have enough space to discuss the incredibly great food at this place. We had a breakfast and dinner package, which allowed us to eat our morning and evening meals at no additional cost. Trust me, it is a bargain for what you get! I had prime rib one night, rack of lamb another...lobster and chicken are also on the menu. Try the Emerald City drink! It's fantastic! They make their own stone oven pizza to die for, but seriously everything we ate was beyond good. The chef and sous chef - Ari and Chris - must be noted for the meals they prepared. Even if you don't stay here, have a meal at the manor. You will not be disappointed.

Around the hotel is a charming tourist town with old school shops like Zeb's Five and Ten. There's an outlet mall on the main street and nearly every store there is pet friendly, as well.

Though pet-friendly, the hotel doesn't offer a lot of family friendly activities. We did not see one child during our stay. Along the strip where the manor is located, other lodgings cater to families and children.

Room Tip: If you stay with a pet, try to get the corner room. It has two entrances and gives you a nice access...
1 Thank Marilyn L
Thank you! We are very centrally located and only a mile and half north of the Conway Scenic Train Station and very close to all the shopping, golfing, hiking skiing. There is always so much to do in North Conway and the Mt. Washington Valley as well as nothing to do but take in the views and relax. At the Stonehurst Manor we also have many discounted tickets to the local attractions such as Cranmore, Attitash and Wildcat just to name a few.
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Conway
North Conway Grand Hotel
North Conway Grand Hotel
#9 of 24 in North Conway
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,330 reviews

Been to The Stonehurst Manor? Share your experiences!