“Impeccable!”

The Stonehurst Manor
Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in North Conway
Reviewed February 17, 2014

First time visitor. Every aspect of our stay was beyond what we expected - lovely room, helpful staff, delicious food! We were impressed with the quality of this hotel. The decor was festive. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Peter R, Front Office Manager at The Stonehurst Manor, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Thank you very much! We are delighted that you had chosen to stay with us at the Stonehurst Manor and that everything has met your expectations. We are open year round with always something different to offer depending on the time of the year. We do look forward to your next visit with us!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,323)

Reviewed February 17, 2014

My husband and I along with my daughter and her husband went for a long Valentine's getaway. This was the first time back for my husband and I in about 20+ years. We had been here a couple of times prior to this visit. It truly is one of our favorite Valentine's getaway places.

I absolutely love a few of the staff members, Michael, the bartender, and the wait staff members, Lisa and Anne, made our visit even more enjoyable! They were so friendly, yet professional and so much fun! We truly enjoyed talking with them and hearing their advice on places and things to do. If there were rewards to hand out to staff members, they would be the three that truly deserved one in my book! They were amazing! Lots of laughs with them! Thank you guys for the addition fun we experienced during our stay!

I love Stonehurst Manor! I absolutely love the service which is very friendly, yet professional! The manor is beautiful! I think the library is one of my favorite rooms at the manor.

The food which was included, breakfast and dinner, was absolutely delicious! So many choices and not a single one was disappointing! It truly is 5 star food!

I wanted to book a Valentine's night sleigh ride, with the help of Diana who did the calling and make the reservations for me, we were able to get a

I would highly recommend this place to everyone I know and those who might want a romantic getaway.

We will most definitely be back to stay again! Hopefully it won't take so long to get back here.

Room Tip: I would recommend not staying on the 3rd floor if it's possible. The second flight of stairs ar...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Peter R, Front Office Manager at The Stonehurst Manor, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Thank you for your wonderful review. It was certainly our pleasure and we are very delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit with us at the Stonehurst Manor. We are very blessed to have a great staff such as Michael, Lisa, Ann and Diana--everyone goes out of their way to ensure that each of our guests have the time of their lives!

Reviewed February 16, 2014

We were lucky to be able to reserve for one night for St Valentine's weekend. We arrived around 1pm and we were able to have access to our room right away. Very friendly staff and lovely dog at the reception. We went shopping and came back in time for the free hors d'oeuvres in the lounge. It was crowded but a couple was nice enough to share their table with us. The service was quick and they made sure we had our drinks in record time :)

Dinner was excellent but service was a little quick, not a bad thing but I prefer to have a few minutes between services. We went back to our room and enjoyed the fireplace. We loved the place so much we booked for a another weekend in June.

The only negative note would be the waitress we had at breakfast was a little impatient with me because I couldn't decide what I wanted. I asked her a few questions concerning the breakfast choices and she seemed bothered by my questions. Once I made up my mind she was nice. I figured she was tired. It happens to the best of us.

I highly recommend the Stonehurst Manor for a romantic weekend.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your wonderful review of your recent visit with us at the Manor. Our Meet the Managers Party each evening has been such a success that we have made it a nightly feature in our lounge. Its a great way to try our Chef's culinary delights and mingle with house guests and our managers. It is truly our delight to make sure that our guests have a relaxing, enjoyable and memorable stay. We also do guarantee our rooms to be ready each day by 3:00 pm, but of course if the room is ready sooner, we are more than happy to let you in sooner.
As always, we do look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

Very rarely do I write a review; however, the manger/owners should be aware that every time we go the bartender Michael always makes an excellent martini. He is always pleasant. However, the two women running the show need an attitude adjustment and be reminded that they are in the customer service industry. We called ahead of time to see if there was a seat in the lounge - we were told that she didn't know and she really wasn't interested in checking. Seriously how much effort would it take for one of them to look over their shoulder. Will continue to go see Michael -views are amazing. Hopefully, we will be treated better by the hostess.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Anne C
Peter R, Front Office Manager at The Stonehurst Manor, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent visit with us at the Stonehurst Manor are are very delighted that you enjoy Michael's wonderful drinks. There is not a telephone at our hostess station. At your convenience, please give our office a call so we can get more information and look into this matter.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

We stayed at the manor mid-week in one of the pet-friendly rooms and were very happy with our stay. There was some cookies for the dog and the room was very clean. The bed left something to be desired and not the most comfortable bed my wife and I have been on. The walls are paper thin and conversations can be heard between rooms.

The stay included breakfast and dinner and it was a wonderful meal. We both had steak and it was cooked perfectly. The manor is a nicely appointed and the staff very helpful.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you! We are happy to hear that your recent visit with your dog was wonderful and we do hope to see you again soon. When you return, make sure to stop in at the pet store--Four Your Paws Only--as if you show them your Stonehurst Manor room key, you receive a 15% discount on your entire purchase!

Reviewed February 12, 2014

I expect the grounds are beautiful in the summer. I do prefer a queen bed rather than double. The main lobby was very well done but our room was just okay. We had a gift card and would go back. Thank you.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you! The grounds are so beautiful in the summer. We have an amazing gardener that works with much love and patience on our flowers and entire grounds--surely a beautiful sight to see! When you would like to join us again, please give our office a call directly and we can make sure to get you in a room that you would like better.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Staff always pleasant, very clean & comfortable, food & cocktails are excellent, service perfect, beautiful snowshoeing trails out back, shopping close by, have been going for years, scenery is awesome.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your wonderful review! We strive to provide the perfect experience while you are here--and of course to ensure that you want to come back time and time again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Conway
The Wentworth
The Wentworth
#2 of 4 in Jackson
The Inn at Thorn Hill & Spa

Been to The Stonehurst Manor? Share your experiences!