We got the cheapest room possible at the Stonehurst where our friends wedding was taking place. The room was nicely furnished, with beautiful antique furniture including an armoire for our clothing. The bathroom was private, with an awesome showerhead. No fireplace, but that seemed silly in the summer. Air conditioning worked fine but was a bit noisy.
The best part about our stay was the restaurant. Included in the price was dinner and breakfast, in a first rate restaurant. Usually when things are included you expect them to be sub-par, but we were so pleasantly surprised by the menu for both. Dinner included a salad or soup, any entrée from the menu, and coffee/tea. The dinners ranged from wood fired pizza (under $20) to lamb, veal, and other gourmet menu items ranging from $20-30. The dinners were delicious and portions just right. Service was excellent, professional staff. We ate dinner on the screened-in porch, which was lovely on an August night. If we had paid for dinner, which we would have gladly done had it not been included, it would have run us about $75.
Breakfast was equally great, with a nice mix of savory and sweet items such as Bananas Fosters Crepes and Eggs Benedict. Comes with entrée, juice or fresh fruit cup, and coffee/ tea. It was hard to decide what to order, there were so many good choices. I also like that breakfast was served until 10:00 am.
The grounds were beautiful, with a great view of the Moat mountains and Mt. Washington in the background. Lovely flower and landscaped gardens.
I would love to come back here in the winter, as the grounds are connected to an extensive network of XC ski trails and the whites usually have snow if there is none in southern areas.
So, our smallish but beautiful room with private bath, 2 gourmet dinners, and 2 delicious breakfasts ran us about $390 dollars. A great bargain! We would love to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- FREE dinner and breakfast at the Stonehurst Manor, a turn-of-the-century mansion located on 33 private acres just one mile north of North Conway, New Hampshire where you'll experience the "best" getaways that Mt. Washington Valley and the White Mountains have to offer. Romantic guestrooms and suites(many with mountain views, Jacuzzis and wood-burning fireplaces), a popular gourmet restaurant, a Library Lounge with a huge fieldstone fireplace and artisan-carved oak paneling gourmet restaurant serving New England cuisine and Italian specialties featuring Manor-made fresh pasta, wood-fired oven baked artisan bread and signature sourdough pizzas. We are also pet friendly! Outdoor seasonal heated pool and hot tub, tennis and doorstep access to trail network for walking, snowshoeing and cross country skiing. Conveniently located to area activities including tax-free shopping, skiing, fly fishing, hiking, biking, zip lines, and climbing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your The Stonehurst Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Stonehurst Manor Hotel North Conway
- Stonehurst Manor North Conway
- Stonehurst Manor Hotel North Conway