“pub grub”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Sat up top on patio and enjoyed the full moon and fresh air , the food was good ,portions were good and the service was very good.

2  Thank garpar

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Our hotel recommended this restaurant and we were looking forward to eating here, however nothing lived up to the great reviews we heard. The service was extremely slow. We ordered burgers and the buns were stale and twice the size of the burger itself. I ordered a blue cheese burger and couldn't taste the burger through all the dressing. The Irish nachos were potato skins with salsa on the side, not Irish nachos at all. Hands down the worst part though was when the waitress took a food bowl from another table and set it in the middle of our appetizer plate before asking us if we were done with our food, we were after that! The owner/manager did make good on our bad experience by comping us for the meal, though that's not enough to change my mind about going back.

Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

After I waited for my apps for 20 minutes, they then told us that the nachos were 86ed, I would have known a little sooner. My entree came, the Reuben, it was surprisingly good, not many other places load their Reuben's like mcgraths, it had a perfect amount of sauces on it. Overall the service was poor and the food was above average

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We were staying at Adventure Suites across the street and one of the employees there recommended McGraths. We shared the Aisian wings to start with some delicious bread. My husband had the shepherd's pie, which was made with ground lamb and was amazing. I had the chicken cordon bleu which was also very good. He had blueberry pie for dessert - he said it was great. I had the molten lava cake - very good, but could have used some whipped cream to cut through the chocolate. We enjoyed it so much we went back the next night for dinner as well. I had the shepherd's pie because I had a bite of my husband's the night before and it was so good. He had the pot roast and it was also delicious. The mom and dad of the chef were the host and hostess and they remembered us the second night which was a nice surprise. Both nights the service was fast and efficient and friendly. I often go to North Conway to shop and have never gone up as far as McGrath's but I will now. I will be back - we loved it there!

4  Thank mollyonh
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We came here for dinner after a summer day at Attitash riding the Mountain Coaster and the Alpine Slide - we were happy, tired, and starving. We were able to get a table on the outdoor dining deck, and enjoyed a few local brews and admired the scenery and the magnicent chimneys of the restaurant while we waited for our meal. My husband and I both ordered "Seamus's Pot Roast" which had a disclaimer on the menu saying we'd never think "Mom's pot roast" was the best again! And they were right - it was absolutely amazing, with mashed potatoes and a side of squash that tasted like warm pumpkin pie. Our daughter had the chicken fingers from the kids' menu - but we brought that home in a doggy bag - I couldn't keep her out of my plate! There was enough for the both of us, fortunately! The service was helpful and friendly, and we just had a great time. We'll definitely come here for dinner the next time we visit Conway.

3  Thank LiftLady