“Disgusting”

Cuisines: American, Irish, British
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I ordered a sandwich to go after waiting for 25 minutes and listening to the cook being yelled at,I was informed my sandwich was next,however I could see through the doors,I watched the cook rub his nose then continue to make my sandwich and with NO gloves,when the gentleman came back out,I said excuse me why is he not wearing gloves,he said does that bother you,I said yes of course it does I just want my money back,which I was given and then out the door,NEVER AGAIN

1  Thank spunky723

Reviewed October 9, 2013

I would give it zero star if I could. It was a cold night after a long road trip, and my family and I just wanted a quick hot meal and head back to our hotel. There seem to be only one waitress working on a Saturday night. There were at least 4 or 5 other tables of people standing around waiting to be seated when we walked in. The waitress was very rude and obnoxious and kept telling people to be patient, when she showed herself once every 15-20 minutes, because "there was a full bus of people that just left". We were the only table that stuck around after everyone one else got tired of waiting and left. By the way we never saw the bus full of people that she was referring to and she was still telling people that a hour after we walked in the door. The whole meal took over 2 hours as we waited and waited, first to be seated, then for our water and place our orders, then for the waitress to come by a hour and a half into waiting telling me they messed up my chicken pot pie (curry pasty on the menu) and would I mind place a order for something else?! Another 10-15 minutes pass by and she finally shows up with our food. I ended just getting soup thinking it has already been cooked, why did she need another 15 minutes to bring out our food since when she asked me to place another order, the orders for the rest of my family were already done? My stepfather was extremely upset about his steak order. The steak was almost impossible to cut into and of bad quality. When we finished the waitress came back and said because of the wait, she took off the charge for my soup. How very generous of her, she took off $5.95 off our bill when we waited over 2 hours and it was the most miserable horrible meal in a cold restaurant where we have to refill our own water because she was no where to be found! It only took us 10 minutes to eat the whole meal! She is the most incompetent lying waitress I have ever seen. She is the one that worked there this past Saturday night on October 5, 2013. I have worked as a waitress when I was in college and I know a bad waitress when I see one.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Crawled into this pub in the pouring rain and forgot all about the bad weather!
An inspired choice of ales and real frIendly landlord and staff.... Definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Stopped by for a late lunch and it was very good - this place is a keeper! Varied beer menu, lots of tasty treats on the menu - something for everyone. Healthy portions, reasonably priced.

1  Thank bbeeAlbanyNY
Reviewed October 3, 2013

This restaurant goes the extra step to serve you some wonderful food that is not your everyday plate. Soups, sandwiches, home made fries, served with pickle spears, etc. are presented in a way that you won't find in any of the chain restaurants. And the Banana Bread Ale is awesome. Can't wait to get back there for another tasty meal with an ale.