“Hidden gem”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Bow, New Hampshire
“Hidden gem”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Just like the name implies 'country pub'. Not fancy, but very inviting. You get the friendliest service. Our waitress was excellent. She really knows the menu which is a major plus. She also was very enthusiastic about the food. She made it a point to let us know that everything was fresh and made to order. Even the coleslaw was shredded when ordered, not ahead of time. She also said that they use local when possible. We tried the Porto Fries for the appetizer. Really enjoyed them and they were the perfect size for sharing. Fish and chips for the meal. the homemade fries and the fact that the fish was not greasy made for the best fish and chips I have had. Next time in No Conway it is a must stop. I went because of the reviews on here and my husband was very pleased with the beer selection We almost missed out. We put the address listed in gps and it sent us to citizens bank. Turns out the address somehow got transposed on here. It is 2718 White Mountain Highwy.

• Visited June 2013

Bar Harbor
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Felt Like a Local”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Not the fanciest, but the most fun and welcoming. great food and fun staff.
What can be bad when you have Guinness straws on your burger and a Boddington's in your hand.

Visited May 2013
Sedona, AZ
“A great find”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Back in North Conway for one of my bi-annual visits, and looking for a place for lunch with a friend. I was tempted to go to one of the old stand bys in town but another friend suggested Two Black Dogs since it was only a block from where we stood at the 5 & 10. It proved to be a great recommendation. My buddy ordered a cheeseburger, medium rare. I opted for the grilled ham and gruyere topped with a fired egg. The burger was HUGE and cooked to perfection. My sandwich was like I would expect in a fancy big city cafe. Eat it with a fork.
The bar had a wide variety of brews as well as some good ciders. I chose the cider and it was a nice compliment to the meal.
You'll find the pub in the Reporter's Alley across from the library in North Conway.

• Visited May 2013
Maine
“A Must Visit!”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

This is one of those *don't judge a book by it's cover* places - located along the alley off of the main street, my husband & I almost walked right by this little gem of a place. But when he noticed the large selection of beers on hand, we decided to try it out - and we're glad we did! The waitress/bartender was super friendly & very accommodating. And the food was phenomenal - freshly made, hand-cut fries were our appetizer - huge portion & we couldn't finish it all. Then came our meals - huge portions of fish & chips with homemade tartar sauce - seriously, who does this anymore??!

• Visited April 2013
“Should be rated way way higher!!!!”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Everything was beyond compare. Homemade handcut potato chips and fries. All dressings made on site (blue cheese with horseradish is great). My husband had the bird and pig (grilled chicken breast with bacon, avocado, lettuce, blue cheese horseradish dressing on ciabatta). I had the chicken salad (fresh cooked and cut chicken breast, tarragon, grapes, green apples and Brie on a croissant. Two of the best sandwiches we have ever had. So fresh. Wow. We shared the bourbon bread pudding with bourbon sauce and homemade vanilla ice cream. It was warm, homemade and fresh and sooo yummy. The server was attentive. Interesting and broad import and microbrew selection (bottles). Will soooo go here every time I come to town.

• Visited April 2013