“I hate to say it...but I'll never eat there again.”
Review of Two Black Dogs Country Pub - CLOSED

Two Black Dogs Country Pub
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Irish, British
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
maine
“I hate to say it...but I'll never eat there again.”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I've always enjoyed this place, mainly because the bartender is such a fun person! They have a nice collection of unusual beer and ales. BUT the last time I went...ordered a burger, and when the kitchen door opened..there was the chef, eating off my plate...ugh. Sorry, can't recommend.

Visited October 2012

North Conway, New Hampshire
“Amazing homemade comfort food”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

My fiance and I are locals who love finding hidden gems in town. Walking in we were greeted warmly by the Chef/Owner and invited to sit anywhere we liked. The atmosphere was warm and friendly. Our waitress Monica was very nice, and explained the specials and offered suggestions since we'd never been in the restaurant before. He ordered the Mac and Cheese, while I ordered the Piccadilly Pasty. Monica let me know what since the food is all homemade my pasty would need about 20 minutes or so to prepare, very reasonable to wait a little longer for handmade meals. For a starter we got the handcut fries which were excellent, crisp and perfectly golden brown. I was amazed when our meals came out. The Mac and Cheese platter was very generous, served with kielbasa and fried jalapenos. The best Mac and Cheese he'd every had dining out. My pasty was amazing. The flavor was great, the veggies perfectly cooked, and the pastry was clearly homemade... soo so good. We were sadly too full for dessert, but we know next time to leave a little room. We'll definitely be back.

• Visited November 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food find!”
Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

We had drinks and apps, the Portobello mushrooms were fantastic! We also had the hummus and the artichoke spinach dip.

Chantilly, Virginia
“Will Try Again”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Heard great things about this little place, which is hidden down an alley of the main shopping district. Maybe it was an off night, but we found nothing special. Service was slow with only one waitress and the kitchen was out of several menu items. The dining room lacked atmosphere-a few pictures on the walls and constant traffic in and out of a screen door. Nothing was really bad, just not memorable. The food was good, so we'll try it again.

Visited September 2012
Norwood, Massachusetts
“Why the name”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Just stopped in for a beer no draft beers available. All of the bottle beer was in a water tank. not even on ice. They had beer from Ireland and England but if anyone has had a Smithwicks or Guiness or Boddingtons from a bottle knows how they just cant measure up to a fresh draft. I ordered a Smithwicks the bartender grabbed it out of the water and the label fell off so she dug it out of the water and stuck it to my bottle and apoligized, if the beers were in ice this would not have happened and yes the beer i drank was not very cold. Will not be stopping here again.

Visited September 2012