“Fun Safe Place to Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 21 North Conway B&B and Inns
Whitman
“Fun Safe Place to Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2009

I went there the last full week in August 2009 and felt it was a nice cozy type place. I had a 4 year old and 5 years old and they just loved it. I noticed it was a two floor hotel with no elevator which for me was a little inconvenient but a blessing since I had two boys who like to try and escape out on their own. That brings me to the next great family feature, the isolation from the main road; you travel in off of White Mountain Highway about 500 feet which brings you to a large parking area with little/no traffic to worry about your young ones like mine. (Note: plenty of parking too) There is a indoor pool, sauna, exercise room open till 11pm (Most hotels close their pools up at 9pm or 10pm) which was very clean and refreshing. They had a small conference room you could rent out if need for a birthday party or something. The lobby was a little small however it has only 55 rooms so they really don’t need anything much bigger. They had an arcade with a washer and dryer which were again very convenient. They had a play ground in the area as well as hiking and snow mobile trails in the rear of the hotel. They have a complimentary continental breakfast down stairs in the basement which was a quaint place. What great is this place is in North Conway were there is still civilization and other things to do unlike some parts of the White Mountain areas/towns which are no man lands. I have been to a lot of hotels and you can’t beat the price and amenities this has to offer. Your children will be safe there too....It was a wonderful get a way to the mountains with the family. I will be returning there soon. Hope this helps!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank IrishWampanoag

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Milford, MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2009

I read the reviews before I came up again and I hesitated, but we decided to check it out and you definitely get a good value with this place. They have lots of amenities (pool, playground, game room, Wi Fi, etc) and they have a perfect location.

If you're looking for a great place to crash when going on a family trip to Storyland, a hiking trip with friends, or something like that..... this is definitely the place to go.

It's not a plush, elegant hotel, so if you're looking for that you're in the wrong place. It's a relaxed atmosphere with a great pool for the kids and a hiking/biking trail just outside the door. A great place to stay to get the most for your hard working dollar.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
rhode island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2009

I completely and fully enjoyed my stay at eastern inns, the service was overly helpful with everything i needed and all the utilities were well kept. The pool, gym area, and steam room were all very clean and in good shape. When i went outside to tan behind the pool the chairs were perfectly placed to where i could get a even amount of sun and shade if needed. I cannot stress how well my stay was and how helpful everyone was, i would definitly recomend this hotel to all my friends and family!!! thank you so much for an amazing stay and hopefully i will be back soon!

• Stayed August 2009
mason, nh
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2009

My family and I traveled to North Conway for the Thomas train ride and a trip to Storyland. We were traveling with 4 adults, a 6yr old, a 3yr old, a toddler and a baby.

I found this hotel on the conway scenic railroad website. After comparing the listed hotels, this one looked really nice. I wish that I had researched and read the reviews. The website made this hotel sound very nice. They pride themselves in CLEAN, COMFORTABLE rooms.

HA! The first suite that we were given had dirty (not stained) towels, MOLD all over the bathroom ceiling, there was even hair in the bathtub. The second suite we were given smelt VERY bad. It was really stuffy. The pull out mattress on the couch had a HUGE stain on it. (I do not even want to know what it was). It was a terrible mattress. Very very thin and lumpy. There was rust all over in both rooms. The refrigerator did not work. (we didn't notice until the next morning) The pool was overly chlorinated. The continental breakfast did include bread that was thawed out the night before, soft apples, green oranges and bad coffee. The managers were not readily available to assist with issues.

I had confronted a girl working at the desk about the issue and when she saw the mold and the towels, she offered to get more towels. She didn't react to the mold issue. She said there was not much she could do about that. I had to ask for another room. I had to explain the issues of health and babies and breathing. When she did say that we could have another room, I had asked on how we were going to be compensated for having to move everything she told me that a manager would not be in until Sunday (we were leaving Saturday) and that I would have to talk to them about that. She had told me that they were not reachable by phone. So after I told her that if we had to pack everything up without being compensated to change rooms, we were changing hotels. Somehow, she got a manager on the phone and they gave us $10 off the price of the room. If there had actually been another room available that night at a different hotel, we would have left. It was 9:00 at night with 4 children. We stayed. It was a VERY disappointing experience. I am going to notify AAA, Conway Scenic Railroad, and the Dept of Health and Human Services.

This is not a clean hotel. The staff is not helpful. The rooms are not healthy. Do not stay here.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these North Conway hotels

maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2009

Stayed here with my family for 4 nights. I can't believe my luck!!! we were supposed to stay at a campground, but it rained so we had to make other plans. The fact that it was set back from the main strip was what most attracted us at first. Then we learned that the rates were fair and affordable, and the indoor pool was just what our children were looking for. Our checkin procedure was professional but welcoming, and the rooms were clean and comfortable. I cannot imagine anyone having anything bad to say about Easern inns. We had no problems at all and after reading all of these bad reviews, I can't help but wonder what was really going on behind the scenes. we enjoyed our stay and will reccomend Eastern Inns to all of our friends.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank bbryantlmt
Bellingham
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2009

Stayed there with wife, daughter, son-in-law and three grandchildren. One of which was a 2 year old Down Syndrone boy. Went out for the day to Story Land, came back to the room, it was not cleaned and no towels. Arguement insued, general manager kicked us out of the hotel at 10:00 PM at night knowing there was no other rooms available in North Conway. I said to her "you know you are kicking three children out of the hotel and that one of them is disabled. She said get the [--] out of my hotel and had a police office there to help her. The breakfast is in the smelly basement with bags of bread thrown on a table. Save yourself some grief and do not stay here. Cancel the reservation if you already have one. Want more info on this send me a note at rklaforest@verizon.net. I would be glad to help save your hard earned vacation.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank rklaforest
aidanhazel, General Manager at Eastern Inns, responded to this review, July 8, 2009
As the General Manager, I can say that this is the second review posted by a member of this family regarding the same stay, and both of the reviews are not favorable. I will address them only to say that there are 2 sides to every story, and I truly believe there is nothing I could possibly say or do that would make it better. If I were reading either of the reviews posted I would have to wonder why a police officer had to be involved, and I would understand that the situation had to have reached a point where logic and reason could no longer be applied. I will say that I stand by my decision to have these former guests removed, and if the circumstances arose again in exactly the same way, I would respond in the same way. It was unfortunate that it had to come to that, but I have to consider all my guests, and their comfort, and sometimes, not often, but sometimes, I am forced to respond in this manner. The price we pay are one-sided reviews, people who are still angry after almost a year, and the knowledge that even though it was the right thing to do for our other guests, it ended in a no-win situation. It is the price we pay, and so we must accept it.
new york
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2009

We were on a road trip , 4 couples all in our late 40s. We just wanted to have some good laughs and some fun We booked 4 Rooms at the Eastern Inn unaware of the no laughing in the motel at 8:15 PM rule !!!! Really we were laughing at 8:15 PM and the girl behind the counter said I am going to have to ask you to keep it down! I was refused an extra pillow from the unfriendly lazy person behind the counter< he said there were no extra pillow available , the next morning my husband asked another employee for a pillow and she said sure I will bring one up right away. I spent the whole weekend showering in the dark because we could not get a lite bulb out of any one !!!!! Upon check out we heard similar stories from others out on the patio. So stop now look for other accomadations.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends