“ABSOLUTELY DISCUSTING!!!”

Eastern Inn & Suites
Ranked #13 of 21 North Conway B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 16, 2009

We stayed here with my parents when we were kids so I thought we would give it a try. Well the place smells and looks like it hasn't been cleaned since I was there as a child. Its smells musty, there was mold on the wall in our room. When we left on Saturday morning housekeeping was right outside our door. When we came back that night our room hadn't been touched. Not even clean towels. We brought this to the attention fo the young man at the front desk and he told us there was nothing he could do. Next thing we know the manager is calling us from home complaining about how now she had to leave her baby at home so she could come to the hotel to take care of this. WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF HOSPITALITY!! Not to mentioned the fact that eventually th e police got involved and we were asked to leave. All because we wanted clean towels. So at 9:30pm I had to gather up my three small children, who of whom is diabled and find another hotel. Their continental breakfast is served in their "dungeon" looking basement. You eat your breakfast in a fenced in area while staring at a washer and dryer! I would never go back. The $50 or so that we saved was worth the filth!

• Stayed: August 2008
There are newer reviews for Eastern Inn & Suites

Reviewed January 22, 2009

We checked out early to find an additional charge of 50 bucks on our bill for smoking! We never smoked in the room, no ashes, no burn marks, no smoke alarm. don't let them see a pack of smokes in your room or you will be fined! UNFAIR! RIP OFF! BEWARE!!!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cyberclown
aidanhazel, General Manager at Eastern Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2009

As the General Manager, I am of course interested in the opinions of our guests, especially when it comes to our strict no smoking policy. It is true; we are a non-smoking property and have been for many years. It is also true that when one of guests unfortunately disregards the policy, we do charge the credit card we have on file. It's never an easy decision to make, nor is it done lightly. We look for evidence and a team of at least 3 people make the decision, myself included. When we find evidence such as a butt or a blunt in the window track, surrounded by burn marks and ashes, ashes in the sink, ashes in the toilet and cigarette butts floating in a glass of something, we're satisfied that indeed, someone has been smoking, and we charge the credit card. So I would agree with this reviewer-- don't stay here if you will be smoking in the room, because you will probably be charged as he was. We don't like to do it, but we must be sure that our non-smoking guests are not offended, and that those with allergy issues can be comfortable. This costs money, and we feel that we shouldn't have to pay for it . It is unfortunate that when people are charged, they use this medium to express their dissatisfaction with our well-posted policies. I know that our non-smoking guests appreciate our policy; I can only say that I am sorry that not everyone does.

Reviewed January 19, 2009

We stayed here for the two nights during the New Years vacation with our two children ages 8 and 10, we wanted to ring in the new year as we did the prior year. We had trouble finding a hotel/motel online before finding this "Inn". We should have known better booking the ONLY motel available in North Conway on New Years Eve. This "Inn" can only be described as a "petrie dish" . The hallways and the rooms have automatic air fresheners that go off on an automatic timer. This is a clue that they must be trying to hide something. This smell actually made my son sick, he has asthma and had to take his inhaler more than ususal. We opted to go for a larger room and pay a little extra for the "family suite". They have a lot of nerve calling it a "suite" because this implies that you are getting more than a hotel room. They said "kitchenette" in the description and I can't believe they can get away with that. Two cabinets and a microwave oven with no glasses or plates or any other items to constitute a "kitchenette" could be found. I went to dry my hair and tried to look under the bathroom cabinet to find a dryer and found the cabinet nailed shut. The bathroom by they way was nasty and small-I caouldn't shut the door to use the toilet, and didn't find the toilet paper dispenser until we were leaving. The pool was FREEZING and they advertised a heated pool. I couldn't find a hot tub as advertised. The mattresses were worse than sleeping on cement. The accordian style divider for the "bedroom" had gross stains all over it. The breakfast, as they like to call it was unacceptable, it consisted of cereal (none of which my kids ate) white bread and jelly. The coffee was undrinkable. It was served in a gross dark dungeon of a cellar that we weren't able to take to our room. We asked at one point about getting more pillows to make ourselves more comfortable and we were reluctantly given their last pillow on reserve. When we asked for more cups, the man at the desk sighed loudly and had to go looking for plastic cups, I disturbed his internet session. My kids cried when they felt the pool and couldn't use it because it was way too cold.
We had already been charged for the first night on our credit card and had to stay the second night because there weren't any other hotels, motels or inns available on New Years night. We actually ended up staying an additional night at a nearby strip motel that was 100% better than this "inn". We had to recoup our vacation any way we could! We stay in NH at least 4-6 times a year and have never experienced anything like this. I can't believe there are people actually calling this place nice, trust me there are WAY nicer places to stay in North Conway.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank smackbobo
Reviewed August 6, 2008

Once again an excellant stay. If you have kids this is the best hotel in the area. Plenty of room to play and be safe. This is our 6th time their. Highly recommend.

Reviewed June 30, 2008

We looked on the internet to find this Inn. Upon check -in we had a AAA discount. They had already charged our credit card one night without the discount. When we asked how to get the discount for the first night the man at the counter told us we already paid and that was that. My husband told the man he could take the $15 off the rest of our total. The man finally did so.

We stayed for 4 nights in one of their "Suites". The bathroom is TINY!! When the kids would go to the bathroom there was no room for me to get in to help them. The toliet paper dispencer was in a terrible location. The tub was never scrubbed while were were there. We had to request for more shampoo, plastic cups and tissues. The rooms were clean but small. The people on the 2nd floor sounded like they were going to come through the ceiling all night long. The really need to get into the times with Internet service. The Inn is smoke free which was wonderful.
The pool was chilly even though it is "heated" and the game room was pathetic and wasn't air conditioned. There was no hot tub. The playscape outside was unsafe. There were screws exposed everywhere and the slide wasn't even screwed into the playscape! It wasn't safe at all.

The free breakfast consisted of yogurt, white bread with jelly or butter, 3 types of cereal, mini muffins, and apples. There was milk, apple juice of coffee. The coffee was just gross. It was downstairs in the basement and just felt like a dungeon. Lets just say it was the worst breakfast that I have had at a hotel before.

The location was wonderful. 5 minute drive to the cent of Conway and a few minutes further to the outlets. Storyland was 10 minutes away also. There are great resturants around to go to like the Muddy Moose (take a left out of the driveway and drive past the outlets and it will be on your right.)and Red Fox( located 5 minutes past Storyland on RT 16 on your left.). Very kid friendly.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed March 1, 2008

Our family of 5 including my husband, myself and our 3 children just returned from an excellent stay at Eastern Inns over the February school vacation week. We stayed for 4 nights, and what impressed me the most was that each and every morning, I was greeted with a heartfelt "Good Morning!" from the person at the front desk, and he was willing to help me with all my typically tourist questions. He was busy and it was hectic, but he still managed to make me feel important and was able to complete all his other duties at the same time! How refreshing that was, to see someone who cared about me and my little questions, but also cared about and loved his job! The housekeeper was just as friendly, and my suite was kept spotlessly clean for our entire stay. With 3 kids, having a truly clean room is very important. The rate for our suite was reasonable, and especially the online special of 50% off every 3rd night! We have to watch every penny, but we still need to go away once in a while, and at Eastern Inns, they can help us do that, with fair rates. The indoor pool was terrific; I had a hard time getting the kids out! Thank you Eastern Inns for helping our family to relax and enjoy our stay. You offered value, friendly service and a welcoming atmosphere for my family. I couldn't ask for more!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed October 7, 2007

We stayed there for two nights last week. Very Clean, small bathroom, hard mattress in beds, very quiet. I would go back again because it was so quiet and clean, two things that are important to me. Breakfast was included and was OK. They had bagels, english muffins, cereal as well as lots of coffee, juice and hot chocolate. The people were friendly and there was a less then 5min walk to two great restaurants, Delaney's hole in the wall, and Kelly's. I highly reccomend Kelly's, the food and the service was great. Hope this helps someone with their choice of a place to stay.

M&K