“Just "O.K."”

Ranked #13 of 21 North Conway B&B and Inns
Connecticut
“Just "O.K."”
Reviewed June 30, 2008

We looked on the internet to find this Inn. Upon check -in we had a AAA discount. They had already charged our credit card one night without the discount. When we asked how to get the discount for the first night the man at the counter told us we already paid and that was that. My husband told the man he could take the $15 off the rest of our total. The man finally did so.

We stayed for 4 nights in one of their "Suites". The bathroom is TINY!! When the kids would go to the bathroom there was no room for me to get in to help them. The toliet paper dispencer was in a terrible location. The tub was never scrubbed while were were there. We had to request for more shampoo, plastic cups and tissues. The rooms were clean but small. The people on the 2nd floor sounded like they were going to come through the ceiling all night long. The really need to get into the times with Internet service. The Inn is smoke free which was wonderful.
The pool was chilly even though it is "heated" and the game room was pathetic and wasn't air conditioned. There was no hot tub. The playscape outside was unsafe. There were screws exposed everywhere and the slide wasn't even screwed into the playscape! It wasn't safe at all.

The free breakfast consisted of yogurt, white bread with jelly or butter, 3 types of cereal, mini muffins, and apples. There was milk, apple juice of coffee. The coffee was just gross. It was downstairs in the basement and just felt like a dungeon. Lets just say it was the worst breakfast that I have had at a hotel before.

The location was wonderful. 5 minute drive to the cent of Conway and a few minutes further to the outlets. Storyland was 10 minutes away also. There are great resturants around to go to like the Muddy Moose (take a left out of the driveway and drive past the outlets and it will be on your right.)and Red Fox( located 5 minutes past Storyland on RT 16 on your left.). Very kid friendly.

• Liked — The location of the hotel
  • Disliked — no internet and maid service not noticing that we were out of supplies.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Maine
Reviewed March 1, 2008

Our family of 5 including my husband, myself and our 3 children just returned from an excellent stay at Eastern Inns over the February school vacation week. We stayed for 4 nights, and what impressed me the most was that each and every morning, I was greeted with a heartfelt "Good Morning!" from the person at the front desk, and he was willing to help me with all my typically tourist questions. He was busy and it was hectic, but he still managed to make me feel important and was able to complete all his other duties at the same time! How refreshing that was, to see someone who cared about me and my little questions, but also cared about and loved his job! The housekeeper was just as friendly, and my suite was kept spotlessly clean for our entire stay. With 3 kids, having a truly clean room is very important. The rate for our suite was reasonable, and especially the online special of 50% off every 3rd night! We have to watch every penny, but we still need to go away once in a while, and at Eastern Inns, they can help us do that, with fair rates. The indoor pool was terrific; I had a hard time getting the kids out! Thank you Eastern Inns for helping our family to relax and enjoy our stay. You offered value, friendly service and a welcoming atmosphere for my family. I couldn't ask for more!

• Liked — Cleanliness, guest services, welcoming atmosphere
  • Disliked — No internet connection, but that wasn't a bad thing. No Email to check, no work to prep for at night on my laptop, no computer time...just FAMILY time.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
Maritimes of Canada
Reviewed October 7, 2007

We stayed there for two nights last week. Very Clean, small bathroom, hard mattress in beds, very quiet. I would go back again because it was so quiet and clean, two things that are important to me. Breakfast was included and was OK. They had bagels, english muffins, cereal as well as lots of coffee, juice and hot chocolate. The people were friendly and there was a less then 5min walk to two great restaurants, Delaney's hole in the wall, and Kelly's. I highly reccomend Kelly's, the food and the service was great. Hope this helps someone with their choice of a place to stay.

M&K

• Liked — Clean
  • Disliked — Small Bathrooms and hard matress and no restaurant of wifi.
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank kobalt
Virginia
Reviewed August 18, 2007

I have to admit the maid service was pretty good. Every room had a microwave - but you had to go to the lobby to use it. I asked the deskclerk about internet - he said they are trying to get into the 21st centurty - they have internet behind the desk not in the rooms, not in the lobby and no wi-fi. We could not find a luggage cart - would not work anyway as you had to lug your luggage either up a flight of stiars or down a flight. They had an indoor pool and whirl pool - they were OK. We had a room with two twins - bathroom was tight and the sink area was really tight. The dryer was broken for 5 of 6 days stay - when asked about the house dryer, we were told they were also having problems.

• Stayed August 2007
1 Thank Happy-go-lucky-Va

Travelers are raving about these North Conway hotels

Long Island
Reviewed March 4, 2007

Overall, it was good and a good value. We stayed President's Week...2 room suite..average cost $137 per night. I say average cost because the hotel has a policy that every 3rd night is 20% off. However, when you check out they don't give you the 20% unless you ask for it. So, that's first heads up. Suites were very nice. Big living toom...couch (Pullout), chair, coffee table, kitchen table/chairs, kitchenette (fridge, micro, sink, cabinettes) and TV....Bedroom is 2 queens no TV (didnt care for the no TV in the bedroom)....no internet access anywhere in rooms or hotels...even dial-up was too slow to deal with...2007, time for internet access please....pullout couch was uncomfortable but not a big deal....bathroom sink/vanity is actually outside bathroom, which I didnt care for, but once again not a big deal..overall, suites were big, nice and clean.....gives the family of 4 or 5 some decent room. Rest of hotel, pretty good..nice pool, good size...video game room...separate room with pool table, air hockey, couch, etc...small, very basic gym....very basic continental breakfast(7am -10am)....no coffee (or anything) available at any other times...no real common area to go sit if you want to get out of your room. Once again, overall, fairly good place, good value I thought.

• Liked — large suites, good value
  • Disliked — no internet, no TV in bedroom, no real common sitting area
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank TPWHITE
MA
Reviewed February 27, 2007

We selected the Eastern Inns based on the information on their web-site. Upon arrival we thought the hotel was okay, nothing special, which we were fine with. Upon check-in we found out they were not accepting AAA that week because they wanted to maximize their profits (its was school vacation week).

Our room was on the first floor and we stayed for three nights. (Word of advice to others - do not stay on the first floor). We thought the family above us would at some point come through the ceiling - too much noise and activity above us! We did not sleep much for the first two nights...

Our room was never vacuumed during our entire stay, nor was the sink or bathtub ever cleaned. Overall, we would not stay at this hotel again.

Stayed February 2007
2 Thank tavMa
Boston, MA
Reviewed June 28, 2006

This is my family's second stay at this hotel. We always stay in the suites. This year my brother-in law and his family joined us. We all love the Eastern Inn. It is very family friendly. You can't beat the rates ($66.50), and they have a pool, a playground, and a basketball court. I felt it was a plus that the hotel in past the center of town, since we were going to Storyland. Currently Route 16 is being fixed and the center of town is very crowded.

The rooms were clean, the staff are friendly and helpful. The indoor pool saved our vacation because it rained most of our stay in New Hampshire. The only down sides are the bathrooms are small and the continential breakfast is bare bones, but totally doable. We ate there a couple of days. We will return next year.

Stayed June 2006