“Loved the location and service”
Review of Eastern Inns

Eastern Inns
Ranked #12 of 21 North Conway B&B and Inns
“Loved the location and service”
Reviewed January 15, 2012

Very nice people and great service. I felt at home and liked the warm feel of the place. The location was great and I would have loved if there was snow to snowshoe and xc ski right out of the hotel. Awesome value and I'd stay again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank Edisfilc1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Augusta, Maine, United States
Reviewed November 14, 2011

We stayed in a family suite with a kitchenette veterans day weekend... I was surprised to see there was no coffee maker in the room. Especially given it had a kitchen. When we inquired at the front desk, we were told we could just come to the lobby and use their Kerig machine. Take note, you have to ask for a kerig cup as they are kept at the front desk. I made several trips to the front desk in my nightgown at 5, 5:30 and 6 a.m. Guess what? No one at the front desk! I have never heard of a hotel with no coffee maker in the room, At 7:15 I came back out to find someone was finally there. However, she says "the coffee is ready down stairs now." So, take note, there is a Kerig machine available but they police the coffee like they fear it will be stolen rather than leave a basket out for guest to use. I noticed other guest leaving to go get coffee. There are no hair dryer or irons either and the breakfast was nothing but bad carbs - pastries, muffins and bagel. There was not even a toaster to cook the bagel in. The inn was extremely outdated and upkept. Paint was peeling off the door casings and the beds were not at all comfortable.

On the plus side, having the two rooms did provide an area to sit rather than on the beds. But don't be fooled, it does not provide much privacy. The curtain that pulls across in between the door is pretty much opaque and it does not at all block sounds. The bedroom is also higher than the living room space.

Take note, it is not at all handicap accessible. You must be able to do stairs to get to the pool and the breakfast room. Bring your own coffee maker and coffee unless you plan to go out to a store and get coffee in the morning and don't expect anything modern. Also plan on wearing an old bathing suit if you plan to use the pool and hot tub. There is so much chlorine in the water it burned our sinuses and bleached our suits.

You certainly get what you pay for!

Room Tip: Bring your own coffee pot and coffee or plan to get up and dressed and go out.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Michelle C

Travelers are raving about these North Conway hotels

Orland, Maine
Reviewed November 10, 2011

We had our daughter's wedding and reception in their room for the continental breakfast and I have to use a wheel walker because I had foot surgery in Sept and I can't put weight on my foot and I had to sit on my butt to get down to the room because there was no ramp down there and the suite was supposed to be handicapped accessible, I couldn't get my walker in the bathroom(the person did tell me that the bathrooms were small) and the toilet paper holder was behind the door and I couldn't get to it because I couldn't close the door (I have rods in my foot) and the bar in the tub wasn't a handicapped bar but I brought my stool so that I could have a shower. The rooms were nice and the staff was friendly. We talked to three different persons when booking the rooms and got three different answers for handicapped accessibliity. I wouldn't mind staying there again once I can walk on my own two feet but if my daughter hadn't checked out the hotel before hand I wouldn't of known about the stairs to get to the room for her wedding and reception.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Mary Lou C
Warwickshire UK
Reviewed October 7, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights at the beginning of October. We thought it was in a good location with friendly staff, nice room and good facilities.

On the downside the breakfast was served in a dingy basement and was very basic. Also although the staff were friendly it was a bit too laid back and bit unsure who were the staff at times. We stayed in a ground floor bedroom however not sure what was going on upstairs but someone was walking around from the early hours making it very noisy. Perhaps the floorboards need looking at!

However, we enjoyed our stayed as location was perfect with very good restaurants close by.

Room Tip: Ask if there is any noise from upstairs if you have a ground floor room.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank AndyandLiz
Framingham, MA
Reviewed September 1, 2011

My parents booked this place for our extended family to stay. The location is great, and it is reasonably priced. But the pool is pretty outdated and poorly maintained, and the whole property just looks worn. Our room smelled pretty musty. Their was a kitchenette in the room, but absolutely no utensils, soap, dishes or cooking tools were provided so it isn't a whole lot better than camping. I'd spend my money differently next time and either camp or stay less nights at a more expensive but better maintained property.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Kerry D
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed August 16, 2011

Personally, I would never stay here again. Very much in need of updating. Small rooms. Even smaller bathrooms. Had to walk up steep stairs with heavy luggage to get to room. Beds left a lot to be desired. Breakie area was in the basement - even more stairs. Luckily the breakie was not worth the trek. Air conditioner in room very noisey. No hair dryer in room. No fridge - maybe my mistake in thinking there was. Not impressed with friendliness of front desk. My grandmother always said you get what you pay for!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank S J
Melrose, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 5, 2011

My family has been vistiting Eastern Inns twice yearly for a deacde. We had a family member who used to manage there and so thats how we started visiting, we continued because we liked it the staff friendly, rooms average, pool average and so on. Prices to high for what they have to offer. Unfortunately a year ot two ago my family member was no longer working there, we were very sad abou that but continued to be patrons as out children were very familiar there. I went there yest 8/4/11 after booking online,I went in and did paperwork to check in and was given my room key. Out of nowhere the new manager comes to front desk and tells clerk that he needed to tack on $218.00 "deposit" as she accused me of smoking in the room last visit !! I was aghast, not only did she say this in front of my children but there were other patrons in the lobby!!! I said to Jen, the manager whom I have known for years "are you kidding me?" "this was never mentioned to me before and it certainly is not true" nonetheless she was insistant on making me pay that fee...I was embarrassed and angry as the accusation could not be more false! My child has asthma and WE DO NOT SMOKE NEAR HER! Not to mention this was the first I had heard of any suspicion of smoking during our stay. This was clearly a personal vendetta against me and my family for what ever issues she has or had with the family member whose job Jen is now in. Jenn forgets that when she was still friendly with us and we woiuld sit outside and have a smoke together I asked her because we were on topic regarding another guest. What do you have to do to a room to clean it after someone smokes in there. Her answer was "spary Fabreeze, hahahaha". Being I was not willing to let her steamroll me after humiliating me in front of other patrons I chose not to stay. I was refunded my money to my credit card and I left with a 10 year old son who cried for 2 and half hours!!! There used to be such a great atmosphere there at the Inn, we always saw the same people when we stayed (other guests) and met some wonderful people. We used to sit in the lobby abd socialize near the "fireplace" and although I never saw this Inn as the cleanest, or modern place there was something to say about the atmosphere. Well I can tell you all this, if you used to go for atmosphere STAYHOME!! When I asked for information on who I could speak to about Jen's behavior I was told with a sly grin "no one is higher than me". When I looked into it not only did I find out that there is a board of directors for me to send my complaint but I also found out that, the large deposit Jen tried to smack me with is for CASH PAYING guests and I was not a cash paying guest. Although my sons heart is broken I WILL NEVER stay there again and the dozen or more referrals I have sent over the years will not return either. Hopeanyone who stays enjoys the silence of an empty Inn as I have heard business had dropped around 40%. If you ask my personal opinion it is without a doubt the new manager..... she is someone who should be hidden in the laundry room NOT DEALING WITH GUESTS.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family