“It was awesome! I can't say that anymore!”

North Conway Moose Safari Moose Tour
Ranked #1 of 11 Tours in North Conway
More attraction details
Owner description: 2019 is our 13th season providing a night time MOOSE tour out of North Conway. We've helped thousands see moose ! So again it's "Moose Movie - Moose Tour - Moose Fun !". We are 2013 thru 2018 Certificate of Excellence winner from TripAdvisor. Departure time is about 8PM (may vary by half hour +/- ) throughout our schedule. To begin, an informative movie about New Hampshire MOOSE is shown. Most find it excellent. At some point there's a bathroom stop. Other MOOSE filled DVDs played also. In 2018 our MOOSE success was awesome, over 94% mostly. Elwyn does his best. Moose seen thru Columbus Day weekend. Our social media page is updated regularly. To sum up, for every tour it's attempted for all aboard to have a safe, informative, entertaining, and enjoyable experience... and return saying "We saw MOOSE !". So mid May into October make plans to have this night time MOOSE Tour be part of your 2019 North Conway White Mountains vacation experience and enjoy a night of NH MOOSE entertainment !
Reviewed September 2, 2013

The person in charge of the moose tour was really kind and well explained moose and the whole tour. The tour itself was totally awesome! Looking at the real moose with my eyes was extremely exciting, and moose was so beautiful! I wish I could join one more time!

All reviews
in 11 reviews
"van"
in 18 reviews

Reviewed August 30, 2013

We very much enjoyed the experience. At first Elwyn ( who is very nice) seemed tense-I believe he expressed his tension because even though he can not guarantee a moose sighting, people will sometimes give bad reviews if a moose doesn't show. He was palpably more relaxed after the first moose was sighted. Elwyn has been doing the moose tours for at least 7 years and really knows where to find them. The really nice thing is that he offers 1 re-trip if there is no sighting that night, that is how confident he is that there will be moose, at least on the second try. He played some educational videos and some silly "moose songs" and a light show for the kids. We had 1 stop at one of the trading posts where we could buy refreshments, trinkets and use the restroom.
We saw a beautiful young bull moose with velvet still on his antlers just grazing on the side of the road. We caught just a glimpse of a mom and baby and there was a deer that I did not get to see. Don't know how anyone can hunt these beautiful creatures-everyone on the tour was ooohing and ahhing with the excitement of just seeing them and being happy to get some photos. Definitely recommend. The only con for me was that the bus was noisy with road noise and seemed a bit rickety. This would not stop me from going again however!

Reviewed August 29, 2013

If you go to NH, this is not to be missed! We had an amazing time during the moose Safari. We had multiple moose sightings. We saw a mother moose and her baby. We found out that it is rare to see two moose together. That was special. One of the moose started to walk toward the van. He was grazing on grass without a care in the world. He didn’t run away, he just kept looking at us and eating. They seem to enjoy getting their picture taken.

We saw more animals than I had expected. Everyone was excited to see the bear. We couldn’t believe our eyes. We also saw a deer and the kids on the bus were so excited to see a real “reindeer”.

The driver was great! He was able to give us a lot of information & facts about the moose. He pointed out many different things to us.

The videos that we watched were very interesting. The moose songs that he played were cute & funny. I still catch myself singing a few of them.

We were very satisfied with our moose tour. It is a must! My only regret is not bringing my camera.

Things to remember...Don't go on this tour tired, you will miss many amazing sights!

Reviewed August 28, 2013

This was my husbands favorite part of our vacation and mine as well! Fun trip from start to finish.
Elwyn (our driver) went out of his way for our group and even picked us up at our campground
because the gate closed too late for us to get back in! Elwyn has his finger on the puls of No Conway. We will be back next time we visit No. Conway.