“Family friendly dining”

Cuisines: American
Swampscott, Massachusetts
“Family friendly dining”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

The staff is always very sweet with the children. We always have dinner there when we stay at the hotel.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Evelyn G
Christy M, Manager at Champney's, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Thank you so much for your review of Champney's restaurant. It is true that our staff love children and I will pass along your kind comments. We strive to make our dinning experience family friendly, comfortable, delicious and fun for people of all ages.

Thanks again for the great review and we look forward to seeing you again!

Foxboro, Massachusetts, Usa
“Champneys at this hotel”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

We stayed at their sister hotel Fox Ridge and came for this prime rib buffet. We were seated right away but waited 15 minutes before waiter came and took our order, three of us ordered the buffet, one ordered mussels and one childs meal, which we asked to be put in right away. It didn't happen. He took our order and we never saw him again. We were half way through our buffet meal before we had to speak to the hostess about not even getting water served to our table and where was our waiter and the other food and drinks we ordered. When he did show up with the mussels, they were awful, the child spaghetti was cold and the buffet food was average and dry. There were no apologies about the wait or why food was cold. The place had about 25-30 tables and 5 where being used, I can see why. The only good thing I could say about this place were the brown paper they put on the table as tablecloths so the kids could color on them. I would not recommend this place and will never come back.

2 Thank 56marty
Christy M, Manager at Champney's, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Firstly I would like to apologize for your experience while dinning in Champney's. We strive to make sure our guests are happy and well taken care of and I am sorry we fell short while you were with us.

I appreciate your detailed feedback and have shared it with our staff members so that we can make sure everyone knows and understands the high level of customer service that we expect for our guests.

Normally our Prime Rib buffet is immensely popular so I have shared your feedback with the Chef as well to make sure we can continue to have great ratings for this buffet as well as our a la carte menu.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Breakfast is great but dinner is a downer. Average, bland selections. Pricey!”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

If you are staying here this place hits the spot for breakfast with a huge buffet and plenty of stations including pancakes, french toast, plenty of cereal and an omelet station and even belgian waffles. If you include this with your room it works out to be like $25 total per day. We ate here for breakfast and dinner three days in a row. Staff is very friendly and helpful and loves kids. However dinner is a different story. The food is mediocre in fact just downright plain with some odd selections including meatloaf, pork chops, plus all sort of sandwiches and pub food like nachos and sliders. There are two menus to choose from and even salads, but don't get your hopes up. The meals are bland and taste like they are made in bulk instead of made to order. Even the salads are bad. We only ate here every night because it is easier and there was no line and kids were restless. If I had a choice I would have eaten down the street at the few other restaurants close by. Plus prices here aren't cheap, for a pork chop I paid $23? Good news is they have a full bar and service is friendly and somewhat fast at times. One night it was so slow we had to flag down our waitress to ask when the food was coming. If you can avoid this place for dinner, do it. However breakfast is okay. The view and the size of the dining room is very nice.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank lip89
Christy M, Manager at Champney's, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review Champney's Restaurant. We are so pleased that you loved the breakfast buffet and the many options we offer every morning. And that you found it easy and quick to eat in the hotel.

We also appreciate your comments regarding your experience during dinner service and apologize for a less than stellar experience.

I am also happy to relay that with our guests input and high quality in mind we have many changes we are unveiling this week. This includes buffets, five nights a week, all summer long as well as a brand new menu for a la carte dinning. The view from our dinning can't be beat and I am glad you enjoyed it and not having to wait to be seated.

We hope to see you again in the near future,

Newburyport, Massachusetts
“Best Breakfast Buffet Ever!!”
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Visited Champney's last July. (Very Late Review)Not a very big buffet or online review person..Being a Chef I am drawn to small family owned made to order venues...BUT...Champney's and its Staff, take the cake! :)

Great food,Great Variety,Hot,Fresh,Fruits,eggs to order. 5 STAR Performance Guys!!

My Wife my two boys and myself will be Back on the 9th Anually..... Cheers!

• Visited July 2013
Christy M, Manager at Champney's, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful 5 star review of our buffet...and coming from a Chef it is high praise indeed. We make sure we always have plenty of high quality options so that everyone has a fantastic meal.

I will be sure to pass on your kind words to my awesome staff and we look forward to seeing you in just a few weeks!

massachusetts
“love the breakfast buffet!”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

we love the omelet station most of all, and there are tons of other choices from fruits to bacon to waffles and oatmeal. more than enough to fill you up before you go hiking, exploring, shopping or swimming at the adjacent waterpark.

• Visited April 2014
Christy M, Manager at Champney's, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
We are so glad you enjoyed all the choices on our breakfast buffet! We aim to keep everyone well fed and happy before they head out for a fun day exploring or splashing around in our Kahuna Laguna Water Park.

We look forward to seeing you again,