“Enjoyable BBQ Where You Wouldn't Expect It”
Review of Hillbilly's Southern Bar B Q - CLOSED

Hillbilly's Southern Bar B Q
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed May 12, 2014

We wanted so much to eat at Tuckerman's Tavern in upper North Conway, but due to a special event at Tuckerman's, we couldn't. So, we headed back down into Conway and came across Hillbilly's Southern BBQ. Couldn't pass up the name so we stopped.
We had good service and food and would stop there again. Both my wife and I had combo plates. I had pulled pork and buffalo wings on my plate. The bread that came with the meal was wonderful.
For an appetizer, try the roasted shrimp with the chipotle sauce, yum.

There are newer reviews for Hillbilly's Southern Bar B Q

Reviewed May 4, 2014

This is our 2nd time visiting this restaurant and we have seen great improvements in the service. Waitress was friendly last time and (same one) this time was very friendly. I love their BBQ pulled pork! Not overly spicy which is just how I like it. Sometimes BBQ places OVER do the BBQ sauce and you taste nothing but the sauce. We want to taste the differences in pork, chicken and beef, thus, we review it accordingly. We also had BBQ Beef ribs and baby back ribs, they too were really, really good too! Side of beans, coleslaw and corn on the cobb were also very good. Everything was very fresh! Would have preferred crisper fries, but, we were there for BBQ. The larger ribs could have been cooked more, they were cooked, but, would have preferred they be almost "falling off the bone" more. Prices were about $.50 more than "a major chain's" 1/2 rack of baby back ribs which we did not think that was excessive for a local family owned restaurant. We will return!!!

Reviewed April 29, 2014

we were seated in the back of the restaurant (it was pretty empty) and were forgotten about. Husband ordered a beer and someone other than our server delivered it with 'I think this is yours, its been sitting on the bar a while' and then he asked for a particular bbq sauce and she forgot it twice. Kids under 5 eat free and we were told the meal would be smaller than the regular kids meal (it wasnt) and their online menu says kids meals are $3.99 but we were charged $6 for our older son's kids meal (not sure what the printed menu price was) we didnt argue since we got 3 kids meals for $6!
probably wont return even though the food was decent

Reviewed March 29, 2014

Good time,great people,Joey & girls [bar tenders] nice job. Thanks for making my wife and I at home. You too Fred !!

Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

Delicious food and delicious drinks. Besides the amazing number of beers on tap the atmosphere fits right in with the mountains. Jessica at the bar is fantastic and makes delicious drinks! There food is the best BBQ I have had in New England! Definitely stop by and enjoy a quick brew or a decadent meal !