“Great BBQ”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 8, 2013

My wife and I tried this place for dinner and liked it so much we went back for lunch and dinner the following day. Everything we had was excellent. Brisket dinner, brisket sandwich, tender, smoked perfectly with three choices of BBQ sauce. The wings are just perfect. Fresh not frozen and smoked to perfection. A bit of heat which combined with their sauce made a BBQ eaters delight. The fries are hand cut shoestring and are excellent too. It is a very clean place with a definite sports motif. Many big screen tv's for watching the Sox or Pats on while you indulge your table muscle. Our service was excellent. I gave it four stars because if I game them five they would have nothing more to strive for.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

As a Brit travelling to America we wanted some wholesome America BBQ food such as ribs, pulled pork etc and this was definitely the place to find it.

The portions were huge and I enjoyed a platter of pulled pork, smoked turkey and ribs - all very good and served with sweet potato fries and lovely coleslaw.

The service was good and if you don't want to watch football (sorry soccer) then there is a large restaurant around the corner from the main bar.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

If your in North Conway during the NFL season, and stand to miss your favorite team playing a game, checkout the food,drink, and atmosphere at the Hillbilly BBQ....Joe the bartender is attentive,efficient, and seems to know EVERYBODY, the bar is spreadout with TV's everywhere,whether it be tables or the bar itself, and the bar food hits the spot...Went for the jumbo fried shrimp tossed ina garlic butter sauce (crunchy scampi, yum) and like it so much I had their humongous wings tossed in the same sauce (they have a littany of sauces)...Frosted mugs of cold beer washed down my pulled pork sliders, and I hit my trifecta...if only the Eagles would have won, this place would have gotten 5 stars today....great rebound performance after my last visit....homey feel.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

I thought Hillbilly's was pretty good. Since there are really no other BBQ places left in town we decided to give them a try. I ordered 1/2 rack baby back ribs with sweet potato fries & coleslaw and the bf tried the St. Louis ribs and fries. Overall the ribs were very good, cooked perfectly and their own bbq sauces were unique and great. I was a little confused because their website's prices aren't what the food rang up for and the fries we got were curly and the photos show hand cut. What as supposed to be around $40 came up to $60 when she cashed me out. I didn't say anything but whatever..The inside was cool, very country like which I love and alot of bikers. I'd probably give them another try next time I'm in town.

1  Thank Jlynn C
Reviewed August 22, 2013

called ahead to check on allergy issues. Staff was friendly and helpful on the phone. Once we arrive we were seated and served drinks quickly. Waitress was very helpful and friendly. Orders were taken and food arrived hot and well prepared. everything was as ordered. Allergy issue was addressed by staff with no hesitation.