“Not as good as it used to be”
Review of Thai Nakon Ping

Thai Nakon Ping
Ranked #34 of 93 Restaurants in North Conway
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Acton, Massachusetts
“Not as good as it used to be”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Several years ago my family and I ate here on one of our trips to the North Conway tourist meca (Story Land, Conway RR, outlets, etc.) It was excellent. 5 years later and unfortunatly it ain't what it used to be. This Thai tastes a little different than most of the Thai I eat (alot!) and not always in a good way. The larb is excellent, but the soups are so-so and the Thai stir fries (like checken with basil, beef with garlic) are not very spicy - even if you order the max of 4 chilis. The Mai Tai was horrible and my two kids had some weird versions of Shirley Temples which they didn't drink much. The server forgot my wife's beer and my daughter's chicken dumplings (which are very good) All in all, there are now more restaurants than there used to be in the area, including more Thai places. I'll try one of those next time.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank TegansDad

Sweden, ME
“Best Thai in the Area”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We've eaten a lot of Thai food in this country, and this place rates near the top. We live in the area and eat there frequently. I've seen other reviews complaining about the service and can't imagine what they're talking about. The people are wonderful, and we've never had a bad experience.

• Visited July 2012
North Conway, New Hampshire
“Best Thai Restaurant Around!”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

If you want amazing and wonderful service, Go to Thai Nakonping In North Conway! Food is Excellent and staff is super friendly and personable. Beautiful setting, decor, and food presentation!The food comes out pretty fast too! Best Thai I've ever had! With Exotic and Delicious food, incredible staff and waiters, and great prices, how can you go wrong?? Amazing Pad Thai and numerous choices of tasty curry. They will gladly cook with your desired spiciness rate (1being the least, 4 being the most). There is also a full bar, Kids menu with choices such as mozzarella sticks, pasta, and french fries, makes thing a little easier when you have a picky eater! :) Definatley a big thumbs up to The Thai Nakonping in North Conway NH!

Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“Great food, okay service”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We eat a LOT of Thai food and usually go elsewhere when we are in North Conway, but we decided to give it a try. The food and presentation was a very pleasant surprise! However, the gentlemen "welcoming" you as well as some of the wait staff weren't warm and friendly, but they were not rude as others have said. We will definitely return again for the fine food.

Burlington, Massachusetts
“Rudest service ever experienced, but excellent food”
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Bottom line--get take-out!

I have never experienced ruder service in all my life. When I asked the server for utensils, she looked at me as if I had offended her. When I later asked for plates for us to eat off of, I got the same look. My husband and I were floored. It really ruined our experience.

Also, the decor is very tired looking and kitchy--yet another reason for take-out.

1 Thank Burlingtonite