“Lobster”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Wonderful atmosphere and great service and great food. Large portions. Well priced. We had lobster dinner and fried scallops. All fresh seafood and well prepared.

There are newer reviews for Jonathon's Seafood

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We wanted some lobstah and chowdah which is harder to find in the mountain areas of New England. There was a Lobster Shack in the area but it was closed the day we were there. Tried this little local joint and we were not disappointed. They admit to not making their own chowder, but it was really good, nice and thick. Got a lobster roll, I'll give it a B+. My fiance got the 2 lobster lunch special and they were perfect. Looks like a great choice for families because they have a little of everything, its simple and inexpensive overall.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

My wife and I recently ate at Jonathan's restaurant in Conway, NH, and we have eaten here before. We waited about 20 minutes for a table on a weekend night and overall were a little disappointed. I consider both of us to be light eaters and normally a combination dinner is more than we want; so we ordered a combination dinner with fish and scallops. ($21.95 plus $3 sharing charge.) We never got any bread and when the dinner came out we were both surprised at the small portion. In addition, the fish was very much undercooked. The waitress gladly returned it and brought back two smaller pieces that were cooked properly. Bottom line--For $25 I expected a larger portion; however, the seafood was good after it was properly cooked. I strongly recommend ordering separate dinners and do not plan on sharing. We did not go away stuffed!!

Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Since the change of ownership, the good us good but the service and atmosphere has declined. Some things are best left alone.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

I so so wanted this to be a great seafood restaurant but it just isn't.
I don't have high expectations for service, competent menu advice, a few refills of my water and delivery of all the food I ordered is all I require. Just getting one of those things would have been nice. We asked the waitress what the most popular dish was she replied that she didn't know because she doesn't eat seafood. hmmm....should have been our first clue.
We ordered 2 of the daily specials. Haddock came steeped in butter, the scallops were floating in a faux lobster flavored sauce heavy on the cream and garlic - I can't remember the sides they were fairly unmemorable but do remember that we didn't get one we ordered. Most everyone else in the restaurant had deep fried fish on their plates.
I'm sorry to say that if I had to choose between this restaurant and McDonalds - well, Quarter Pounder here I come.

1  Thank Bis54