“Great Local Food”

Dining options: Reservations
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Great Local Food”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

On the search for some legendary New England seafood my first time up here my quest lead me to Jonathan's. This was five years ago and I have been hooked ever since then. Jonathan's is everything and more I thought NE seafood would be fresh, rather inexpensive with friendly service and a slightly run down restaurant. Upon a return visit to NE in 2013, I found out Jonathan's is under new ownership. Surely, I thought, this would be an end tommy favorite hole in the wall. But, I was wrong, these new owners kept everything I loved and more. The place is no longer a run down shack, and there is more than fired seafood. This restaurant is still one of my favorite NE places made better.

Bangor, ME
“Not impressed.”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

The hostess was not one with the mostess...to be frank she was rude. Not a good first impression...maybe we were wrong in asking if we could bring in a 6" Subway for our little man who wasn't in a seafood mood. I don't know. But my husband and I had the seafood platters. The fish was okay, the clams were excellent, the scallops...well, not sure they were scallops and the shrimp were over cooked to rubber. The waitress a bit flighty and forgetful and we had to ask for our coleslaw a few times. Would not go back.

Visited July 2013
“Surprise! Excellent seafood despite outside appearance.”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Seafood was some of the best we've eaten. The place's outside appearance made us weary, but the food was great and definitely worth the price. We recommend the the pan seared scallops in the citrus sauce with linguine.

Bensalem, Pennsylvania
“Good seafood.”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Went here so my husband could get the lobster dinner and it did not disappoint. I wish I liked lobster but alas I don't. I had a baked seafood dish which was good, i just wish there was more of a selection for non-lobster lovers that was not fried. The portions were very good. Was very charming and rustic inside, reminded me of a seafood place down in Cape May. It is a bit hard to find because it is not in town and you may pass it going around the curve and have to turn around, thank goodness its yellow.

norridgewock
“maine couple”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We travel from Maine JUST to eat at Jonathon's Seafood. Not that we can't get good seafood in Maine, but we really love Jonathon's for a special treat! The food is always very fresh and well prepared. The service is fast and friendly. The inside is cozy and welcoming. We will continue to return and have recommended it to many people.

• Visited June 2013