“Nice choice for dinner!!”
Review of Black Cap Grille

Black Cap Grille
Ranked #13 of 95 Restaurants in North Conway
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

We chose to go here for dinner one night during our trip to North Conway. GREAT idea!!! So fresh, veggie medley that came with our haddock and trout was delicious! Everything was delicious!! Would so return again!!

Reviewed April 12, 2014

Great little pub. Not a huge menu but something for everyone. Even awesome dessert choices. Great for lunch or dinner. Service was friendly and quick. Great build your own burger with several meat choices (veggy, 100 natural, turkey) and great toppings (several cheeses, mushrooms, bacon, even salsa!). Topped off with chocolate-caramel cheesecake...oh yeah. Would return for sure.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

This was our second time at the Black Cap Grille. We were pleaseantly surprised the first time but this time, WOW !! They really took it to another level ! We had the Asian pot-stickers and Lobster cakes for the entrée. Main course was : Pan seared Haddock and the Black cap grill sirloin steak. It was one of the best steaks I've had in my life ! The chef really hit the mark with the doneness of the steak. ETHAN our server was really attentive and answered all of our questions with great patience. He even offered me to try the wine I wanted to pair up with my steak dinner before ordering the meal. I was very happy that he offered me that option because the wine I would've chosen did not match up well with the steak I'd ordered. Overall this was a great experience and we will be back. My only disappointment is that the next time will be hard to top this experience, my expectations will be very high. I'm sure they'll be up for it. Thanks to everyone at the Black cap grille !!

Reviewed March 29, 2014

I can't say enough good things about this place. We got here around eight pm and it was almost full but not too loud. It's very high end decoration but the chairs and table were comfortable and there were kids around that didn't feel out of place. I ordered the Prime Sirloin with no mushrooms and a Caesar side salad, and my husband ordered the Pasta Primavera (or some similar dish) with added shrimp. We also ordered drinks.

My drink was a tropical escape. It was very good, sweet but enjoyable, I ordered my second one with orange juice instead of pineapple. It helped. My husband loved his beer they have a great selection.

The side salad was very good. The greens were fresh, crunchy, and the house made dressing was very good. The croutons were good and the salad came pre-tossed with Shredded Parmesan cheese on top. It was small, but it came as a second side for my meal so I ended up ordering 2.

The sirloin was PERFECTION. PERFECTION. It was tender, juicy (the red wine Demi made it more delicious) and it was cooked appropriately. My husband had a piece and even he was impressed. The garlic mashed potatoes were delicious and fresh made (I'm picky about my garlic mashed potatoes and these were excellent) and the portion was generous but not too big. I was more than pleased with my meal.

My husbands pasta came out very well, he ate a lot and was enjoying every bite. He kept saying how good it was. The shrimp looked well cooked and the pasta came with a tasty piece of toast.

We got a dessert to go (they have a small dessert menu) and everything on it looked delicious. We got the lava cake. It tasted soft, rich but not too rich, creamy, fluffy and the flavors of it as with everything else were new and enjoyable but not assaulting to the palette.

Our waitress was nice, friendly, and attentive. The staff all seemed nice and professional.

You will not ever regret going here. This place is the jewel of North Conway. We drove up n down the whole strip today, I found nowhere better to go for a nice dinner. The prices are high (25$ for my sirloin, 8$ drinks, 5$ to add shrimp to my husband's pasta etc) but the excellent food and enjoyable atmosphere are worth it.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Always a great menu and specials. Everyone I have brought here finds something they like on the menu. Staff is very attentive and friendly.