“Great Breakfast, Very Cool Atmosphere”
Review of The Stairway Cafe

The Stairway Cafe
Ranked #9 of 98 Restaurants in North Conway
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Small eclectic cafe offering local ingredients. Something for everyone!
Reviewed January 26, 2014

If you have not tried the Staircase Café in North Conway, you don't know what you're missing. Eclectic atmosphere in a small, upstairs breakfast/lunch café (right above Cool Jewels down the street from Zeb's). The breakfast we had was outstanding and reasonably priced. I enjoyed Huevos Verde with jalapeno chicken sausage, while my wife was delighted with her eggs benedict with elk sausage, both served with very good home fried potatoes. Portions are more than adequate and the bottomless cup of coffee was the best I've tasted in a long time. Staff was very friendly and laid back. Just a very cool vibe to the place with an outstanding menu, offering much variety for any taste. I will definitely be going back on my next trip to the White Mountains. If you're a foodie...........you need to check this place out.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Cozy atmosphere, felt like the dining room in a friends house: few tables, mismatched dinner towel napkins w silverware rolled in them, cute table tops, breakfast and lunch all day...Great server and Daily specials, portions were a good size and prices averaged $8. Friend had a delicious brie, apple and bacon melt. When I asked for the Special Spinach wrap without the turkey, server asked what id like More of- not just taking something away, so I had extra Avacado! Awesome!

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Apple and cheddar omelet, side of venison sausage! Husband had the Northern Logger and upgraded to the bison sausage. Likely some of the best food in recent memory. Fresh, well thought out flavors! Super friendly service. Fun and clean decor.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Granted, it's a small place with inadequate heating, but we didn't care. The food is fabulous! The game sausage (bison, duck, boar, elk, etc.) as well as the fresh fruit pancakes and enormous portions are worth the trip. They have a wonderfully eclectic menu offering the classics as well as some very creative benedicts and pancakes. The service is great.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

This place was recommended to us by a local for breakfast. We went there and had Amanda as our waitress. She was so friendly and personable. We really liked her. My husband and I both got the huevos racheros. It was my first time ever having them. Yummy! Great with some hot sauce! It was such a cute little atmosphere in there. Check it out for breakfast!