“I wish I lived closer”

Ranked #9 of 98 Restaurants in North Conway
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Small eclectic cafe offering local ingredients. Something for everyone!
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Was hoping to find a halfway decent lunch in North Conway yesterday. We were a cranky family of four. After scanning the reviews here I could not get there fast enough. The previous comments do not exaggerate. My husband had biscuits with eggs and sausage gravy, which can be a very heavy, bloating dish, but here it was beyond delicious. French toast, warm coffee cake muffin, sweet potato and corn chowder --- all of it excellent, fresh and homemade. We left glowing. It's two hours from where we live. I am plotting my return.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Had a breakfast here, the place is very homely with good home style fare. You'll find it right above Cool Jewels, if you have a mobility problem access could trouble you

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I *love* TripAdvisor and because of all the great reviews of this place, my husband & I decided to check the place out on our latest trip to the White Mountains. We would have to agree - the place is amazing! Quaint little restaurant, friendly staff, amazing food - good way to start the day! I had the Pumpkin Pecan Pancakes, with a side of bacon - YUM!! My husband had the Jalapeno Chicken Sausage Omlet (came with homefries, added a side of bacon) - he ate the whole thing! I love when places make their omlets in saute pans instead of the flattop - this makes the omlet big, yet light & fluffy - this place knows it stuff!

1  Thank Fran J
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Although breakfast was included at the Inn we booked my wife spied this little place the night before and we decided to check it out , and we were glad we did.
Push through the door and go up the stairs and likely you'll come around the top landing to a bustling little room packed with enough tables and chairs to keep the patrons rotating through.
We had a few minutes wait. The people who's table we got said "its worth the wait" as they passed us by - they were not wrong.
A full menu of all day items and lots of breakfast options awaits.
I had an omelette with the ingredients i wanted , fresh orange juice and bottomless $1.99 coffee. The wait staff were prompt and attentive and flew around to keep time with the busyness of the place.
From the conversations some of the waitstaff were having with some patrons it was clear this is a place for locals and tourists.
The menu's design could do with a little rework as all items seem to blend somewhat, but the food was tasty, unpretentious and satisfying.
The bill for a party of two was just over $20 and well worth it, as we both skipped lunch having been comfortably filled without being bloated full.
Glad we stopped in and made sure to let the next waiting party on our leaving that they too would enjoy it.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

This was a great find to while away an hour, Very popular and busy at lunch time but the waitresses were very pleasant and found us a spot on the balcony where we could watch the world go by. Lovely coffee and sandwich for lunch in a really nice atmosphere