“Nice hotel and friendly staff”

Residence Inn North Conway
Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in North Conway
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We stayed here mid week for 2 nights. when we arrived Anna at the front desk was very nice and went out of her way to make sure we had an amazing room when she found out we were celebrating an anniversary. The room we stayed in was great. We had an executive suite on the 3rd floor(room 301) it is a walk from the elevator but is near an entrance with stairs which worked well for us. The room was very clean and modern. We had a fireplace which added to the coziness of the room. The bed was very comfortable with crisp linnens. The complimentary breakfast was great, love the make your own waffles and there were many choices. They also have special nights during the week were they offer different things, such as the first day we were there they had a BBQ night. The people were friendly, Louise and Shirley took pride in their jobs. The pool area was very clean, and being midweek quiet. Loved the mineral pool and hot tub. Outside there was a nice firepit area. The elevators worked well and the lobby was quiet and inviting with a large fireplace and seating. Located close to town, trails and Settlers Green. We are both looking forward to staying here again.

Room Tip: Room 301 had a little peak of the mountains, near the stairs, quiet but as it got near the weekend y...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Matthew N, General Manager at Residence Inn North Conway, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Thank you for enlightening the fellow Tripadviors Review readers on your most recent experience at the Residence Inn by Marriott North Conway. I am thrilled that you were able to have such positive encounters with members of our team and partake in one of our Evening Socials events. So much goes into creating those moments so memorable. We do have a team of talented people who are motivated and it will give me pleasure to share your story at our next daily meetings. I do hope you had an enjoyable anniversary and look forward to hosting your next stay to North Conway.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

I dont know what happened to this hotel! My family and I stayed when this hotel first opened and had an amazing experience! The customer service used to be top notch and made me feel as though I was speaking with friends. But this was not the case this time! The hotel manager is really dropping the ball on the staff and customer service. I was told the hotel had a new manager for about a year now and its clear to the guest that money must be whats important now not customer service. I understand that the hotel can not immediatley control noise but when it is past 10 and I call down complaining of kids running in the halls and knocking on my door and running away and I all I get from the front desk is "sorry" that is unexceptable. This went on past midnight and my family and I were barely able to sleep. When I complained the next morning I once again was simply told "sorry" and the front desk acted as though they could care less. Asking for the manager gets you nowhere as well. There was no manager on property and the desk agent said that when they came in I would receive a call...which surprise surprise I did not receive.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Tom H

Tom
Thank you for providing feedback on your most recent experience to the Residence Inn by Marriott North Conway. Though staff has come and gone over the years, our desire to deliver outstanding customer service has not. I do admit that being located in a very family friendly destination does not come without its challenges. I am to assume that you were a guest that was disrupted by a family of children that caused much noise and havoc throughout the building into the early hours of the morning. After much effort on behalf of the staff we were able make contact with their parents to rectify the situation. I understand that an initial response from our team members is of great importance. In this situation it does appear we did not meet your expectation and I take personal responsibility to investigate and take the required action. I am confident in our team to provide more than a “Sorry.”
I am personally at the hotel on a majority of Sundays by 7am and can be found in the lobby or Breakfast areas. I invite any all of our guest to share your stories as all feedback allows us to continually develop as a team.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

We booked this room on a Monday evening around 8:30pm for a Wednesday arrival. On our way to the hotel we experienced a massive delay on the NJTP that made it impossible to reach our destination in North Conway as planned. The customer service was completely rude and unwillingly to work with us on their cancellation policy. It appears that they are so pressed for revenue that they will use any tricks to generate income, that they charged us the full room rate. We gave them the courtesy of being able to rebook the room by letting them know we were unable to make it. We offered to accept a 50% cancellation fee, and nothing. We even asked if we could use the fee they charged as credit for a future stay and that email went ignored by the General Manager. This goes to show you the issue is top/down. We escalated the nasty attitude and rude customer service to Marriott Customer Care. Not a good representation of the Marriott name.

Room Tip: Much friendlier places around North Conway.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank dinero0822
Matthew N, General Manager at Residence Inn North Conway, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

The Residence Inn by Marriott in North Conway strives to deliver exceptional customer services and a welcoming environment for all. We continuously monitor our social media sites to share all positive feedback and to work on any opportunities. In this situation, this guest has worked directly between our third party Customer Care Department and the hotel. In any situation that needed a response has been addressed within hours of her inquires. Unfortunately I was out of the office for an extended weekend and failed to respond within 48 hours of the most recent e-mail. Direct communication with the property is the best way to ensure that immediate resolution can be made. We have an amazing customer service team, so please pick up the phone and let us assist you.
This particular guest did not actually stay at the property to experience all the Residence Inn by Marriott has to offer.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

We stayed there Jan 9 for three nights. the front deck, Charlotte , was very nice and helpful. The beverages provided all day was good including hot chocolate. the free breakfast was the best and the staff working the breakfast was always on top of the food ready to help in any way.

The only thing we did notice was that the furniture, although nice to look at was not very comfortable to relax in. The chairs next to the fire place and in our room. The bed was comfy and the couches with the tv's in the lobby was a great touch and comfortable.

I will go back and stay the next time we are in North Conway "worth the trip"

P.S. the AC came on on our last night when we did not need it and it was noisy, the front desk said that they would get someone on it ASAP

Room Tip: Pick a room on the 2nd or 3rd floor and you need to ask for the hot chocolate at the front desk and...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

I like it here. Hotel was very nice, the stuff was helpful, we had everything we needed in our room. The breakfast was also from the good ones. I was surprised that winter is actually off-season in North Conway, so not many attractions in the beginning of December.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Malinaju
Reviewed January 13, 2014

On the surface the hotel appears to be top notch. Nice exterior and interior as well as adequate parking. The hotel has a pool but every night it was jammed with no less than 50 people. The breakfast was below average continental and the complimentary coffee served throughout the day was average or below. If you like Starbucks, just drive two minutes to buy proper coffee. As for the rooms, also on the surface they look ok. Standard furniture and above average beds. Our room had a mini kitchen which was convenient. That is it for the semi positives.

DONT STAY IN THIS HOTEL. It is way overpriced for the quality of room and service. After staying one night, it becomes apparent that the entire hotel was constructed quickly and cheaply. The walls are paper thin and the ceilings/floors even more so. We could hear everything from the rooms adjacent and below. We complained three times on the noise until it finally died down around 11pm. Also our room was neglected to be cleaned on two days and on the third day, we came home at about 3pm after being out of hotel for most of the day and the cleaning lady had just started the room. So make that 3 days, housekeeping did not clean. On the first evening when we had all the noise, We left a message for the manager to contact us be we did not hear from the manager until we actually approached him on the last day. Finally on the last day, we met the manager but only when we approached him. He came up with a story that they lost the message but it was not very convincing. He agreed to knock 50$ off my last night. He did not appear overly concerned with the terrible customer service. My assumption, this hotel will continue to do ok because a lot of folks are loyal to marriott rewards. I have probably stayed in 40 residence inns before and this was the worst. I don't recommend. If your going to North Conway, skip the marriott rewards this one time and stay at one of the hotels like the Grand, red jacket, or Fox Ridge.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Brian D
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Clean, great staff, easy check in/out, decent breakfast onsite, plenty of parking. This was our 5th stay.
The pool is a little small but you will be too tired to really swim anyways. So much to do in area.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family