“Perfect in every way!”

Residence Inn North Conway
Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in North Conway
Reviewed December 20, 2013

We stayed for two nights at the Residence Inn in North Conway for a little post Black Friday shopping trip. We stayed on Sunday and Monday nights right after Thanksgiving weekend. We had not stayed in North Conway in many years so I spent some time researching various hotels and Bed and Breakfasts. We wanted a pool, hot tub and fitness room so we settled on a hotel rather than a B & B. The Residence Inn was perfect in every way. All the rooms have full kitchens and are stocked with dishes etc. to prepare simple meals. Residence Inn also serves a very nice hot complimentary breakfast in the spacious hotel lobby, beautifully decorated for Christmas and with a two-sided fireplace - nice ambiance. The king two room suite was very clean and the bed super comfortable and excellent value for money. The hotel also offers receptions and light suppers during the week. We returned from shopping on Monday to find a manager's reception with complimentary wine beer, cheese, crackers, appetizers, etc. The staff were extremely pleasant and helpful. Absolutely the best place to stay and great value in North Conway. Very close to the outlets at Settler's Green.

1  Thank Evelyn10

Reviewed December 18, 2013

We've stayed at this Residence Inn at least twice before and we had very good experience staying there. However, this time around, not so good. I made reservations on the phone with Charlotte for 2 nights the week before Christmas 2013, with Senior rate and 2 queen beds near the elevator, and also requested (if possible), an early check in. We arrived around mid day and there was a major issue finding us a room to my liking.

After almost a 1/2 hour journey up/down the elevator to check 2 rooms, I advised Charlotte that the rooms she let me check were NOT to my liking. She suggested we go out for a while and come back later to better facilitate our needs.

We come back later to a nice room right around the corner from the elevator as we requested. However, the climate control would only blow out COLD air, and the LCD thermostat was set on 75F*! This gave me a bad feeling. It was already late in the evening when we finally settled in and discovered the heating issue.

To keep this from being a darned novel...they gave us a free upgrade to a suite w/fireplace. Well, they had their Maintenance Technician Louise help us with our luggage bringing it 10 rooms to the opposite end of the floor. The heater in this new room still didn't work right and the fireplace was on a 1/2 hour timer. After Louise got us a space heater to help us, we called it a night. Neither 1 of us slept much at all both nights due to defective heating in the room.

We never had this issue in our prior visit here, but apparently things changed during the past 4 years. Also, the breakfast during our 1st morning, the food was cold, and they have NI mic in the breakfast area to heat food-go figure. So we had breakfast at the muffin place next door the following morning, and their food was HOT/DELISCIOUS.

Also, their Cable TV has a Maine TV station for local news, which sucks. Some channels were also not working and the girl at the lobby counter had to call the rep to fix that issue remotely. I also noticed that their TV's ALL seem to start up with CNN and the sound blasting LOUD, always had to turn the sound down after powering up again.

Thanks to Charlotte, Louise, Molly and the elder lady in the breakfast area for their efforts and kindness.

Due to the lack of a properly working climate control system in their rooms at present, we likely WON'T be back here, which is sad because our 2 prior stays here went without a hitch.

I would also be remiss if I didn't mention that this Residence Inn is quite beautifully dressed out for the Christmas season in the front lobby.

Room Tip: Ask to see a room before checking in and make sure the heat/ac is working properly for the season yo...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 4, 2013

First-AMAZING RATE for the time of year I went. 2nd-for a biz traveler who spends 100+ nights a year in a hotel, this was a very nice surprise. My room was big, and spacious and had great views of the mountains. During my stay I happened to be sick with a stomach bug and the staff made every effort to help me and make me feel comfortable. The added amenities in my room also made my stay much more enjoyable. The fire place so I could snuggle under a blanket, the full kitchen so I could heat up soup and comfort foods needed. The hotel was also very very clean. Usually tourist hotels in ski country can have allot of sand and dirt tracked through. This hotel was clean from the rooms, to the lobby, to the eating areas. I would recommend this hotel to anyone of my fellow travelers. Kudos to the staff for all of their help during my stay!

Room Tip: High Floor Away from Elevators Rooms off of lobby can be noisy Make sure to get a non-smoking roo...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Unclesogg
Reviewed November 25, 2013

One of the Newest hotels in the area. One mile from city center. Close to restaurants and stttlers green mall. On main road. They may have free wi fi but I could not get it to work. Very weak signal. Management blamed it on a sold out hotel , but even early morning or late at night, I could never log on.

Room Tip: Near wi fi generator
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I loved the layout of the hotel. It was convenient to everything in North Conway and the rooms are very spacious. We had a studio and had more than enough room. The only downside was that the bathroom had a couple of stray hairs on the floor and the bathmat that weren't ours (yuck) and you could see into the hallway through the door casing of the door when it was closed and locked. Not sure if it is like that with all the rooms. We would stay again.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

The room was very clean and comfortable. We were upgraded to a two bedroom and we had a full kitchen. The little extras they put in the room for toiletries and kitchen extras like coffee and snacks was a nice treat. The free morning breakfast was great. Eggs, pancakes, bagels, fresh coffee, and more. when we return to the White Mountains we will be sure to book with the Residence Inn again. The only downfall to the stay was the 10:00 phone call to our room asking us to quiet down as they received a complaint. Well, security should walk the floors and see who is ACTUALLY making noise--it was not our room!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 6, 2013

The Residence Inn was a great place to stay. The room was awesome. The breakfast was so much more than your standard free breakfast. Although if you are going to serve scrambled eggs, you got to have bacon. LOL! There was even an outdoor firepit. That was a real nice touch. I will definitely return.