“Stop telling the truth about this place or there will be no more vacancy!”
Review of School House Motel

School House Motel
Ranked #19 of 25 Hotels in North Conway
Reviewed January 13, 2011

That's it. This is the place to stay. No pretense, no frills, no dirt. The owners and their kitty are great and obviously hire great people help care for the Schoolhouse.

The rooms are a bit on the small size as is the bed, but hey, if it makes it easier to keep everything in excellent order (as it is) then no complaints. I say "trendy" in a throwback kind of way...reminds me of how motels used to be, and I wish more were like this.

It's hard to find a better deal to recommend, really. And I hesitate to tell others how great this place is because if you've ever been there you know you will want to go back...and if we keep writing the truth about this place it will fill up and prices will go up and it will be harder to get in :-)

Hubby and I've been going there for N.Conway area ski trips for 3 years now.

Don't forget to try the rueben at Horsefeathers and remember LLBean is just down the road...well, the hotel management will be able to answer your questions about where to go for whatever you need in the area, anyways.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 3, 2010

This is such a sweet little motel. My room had a queen bed, writing table, bedside table and two arm chairs. Although the rooms are on the small-side, there was plenty of room to move around easily. It was very clean and cozy. On the back wall, there's a window facing toward the mountains. The view of those rolling hills was wonderful.
The location was perfect for me - not too close to the outlets, but only a short drive if I wanted to go to them. The motel was also surprising quiet. I did not hear my neighbor next door at all, and the traffic noise was not invasive at night.

The owner is very pleasant, and assures you that he's there if you need help. I will definitely return. Such a cute place.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed September 27, 2010

I had read the reviews and could not believe all the positives. They are correct. This is not a new motel and not a chain. The owners manage and operate. It is very conveniently located to the White Mountains and to the Outlet Mall. When I saw my room, I felt as though I was a guest in someone's home. It was immaculate and with a very nice departure from the stereo type chain motel rooms. The rear wall of the bedroom and the bath had a window with a spectacular view of the White Mountains. I was completely charmed by the place and the very attentive help from the owners. This is a winner!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed September 19, 2010

My sister and I just returned from a quick trip to North Conway. We needed a place to stay for one niight. The School House Motel was in the best location for our needs. We were greeted by the owners when we arrived like we were family. The room was spacious and clean and had everything we needed. Large beds, TV, AC, WiFi, etc. The next day as we checked out, I had the feeling that If I ever came back, this is where I woul stay. I had a nice chat about Real Estate and buying Forclosures with the owner. I would recommend thi Motel to anyone! Thanks for a wonderful stay....

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 31, 2010

A great value for the money and almost half the price of the ritzy chain hotels! We just wanted a place to crash near Storyland and the outlets and this place was perfect. Pros: very comfortable beds, clean room, modern air conditioner with remote, "basic" cable TV but with many channels, hot shower with great water pressure, pool and grounds looked great, owner was friendly and location perfect. The only minor cons were that there was no wifi in our room on the far end and there were no tissues in the bathroom so we had to use TP for my morning allergy attack. Besides that though would highly recommend and stay there again!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2010

My husband and I currently took a quick getaway to the Mount Washington Valley and stayed at the School House! Talk about cleanliness, affordability, awesome views, and not to mention the friendliness of the Inn staff. Our bed was comfy/cozy and our bathroom was immaculate when we arrived! We highly suggest this Inn and we will defiantly be back In the future.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Love2hike19
Reviewed July 6, 2010

My husband and I stayed here with our two children during the July 4th weekend. We are used to staying at resorts in the area, but decided to give this place a try to minimize costs. We were so pleased. Our room was clean and the beds were comfy. The pool area is private (not right on the road like some motels) with plenty of seats to lounge and the water was crystal clear. We all enjoyed swimming. Once you shut the door, you don't hear any road noise. Actually we didn't even hear our neighbors. I think the walk into N. Conway village is a little far, but it's only a short walk to mini-golf, Dunkin Donuts, and an ice cream shop. I would definitely recommend the School House Motel to friends and we will return again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family