“Charming Place”

Ranked #20 of 25 Hotels in North Conway
Kentucky
“Charming Place”
Reviewed September 27, 2010

I had read the reviews and could not believe all the positives. They are correct. This is not a new motel and not a chain. The owners manage and operate. It is very conveniently located to the White Mountains and to the Outlet Mall. When I saw my room, I felt as though I was a guest in someone's home. It was immaculate and with a very nice departure from the stereo type chain motel rooms. The rear wall of the bedroom and the bath had a window with a spectacular view of the White Mountains. I was completely charmed by the place and the very attentive help from the owners. This is a winner!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Canton
Reviewed September 19, 2010

My sister and I just returned from a quick trip to North Conway. We needed a place to stay for one niight. The School House Motel was in the best location for our needs. We were greeted by the owners when we arrived like we were family. The room was spacious and clean and had everything we needed. Large beds, TV, AC, WiFi, etc. The next day as we checked out, I had the feeling that If I ever came back, this is where I woul stay. I had a nice chat about Real Estate and buying Forclosures with the owner. I would recommend thi Motel to anyone! Thanks for a wonderful stay....

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Lithia, Florida
Reviewed August 31, 2010

A great value for the money and almost half the price of the ritzy chain hotels! We just wanted a place to crash near Storyland and the outlets and this place was perfect. Pros: very comfortable beds, clean room, modern air conditioner with remote, "basic" cable TV but with many channels, hot shower with great water pressure, pool and grounds looked great, owner was friendly and location perfect. The only minor cons were that there was no wifi in our room on the far end and there were no tissues in the bathroom so we had to use TP for my morning allergy attack. Besides that though would highly recommend and stay there again!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Plymouth, New Hampshire
Reviewed July 21, 2010

My husband and I currently took a quick getaway to the Mount Washington Valley and stayed at the School House! Talk about cleanliness, affordability, awesome views, and not to mention the friendliness of the Inn staff. Our bed was comfy/cozy and our bathroom was immaculate when we arrived! We highly suggest this Inn and we will defiantly be back In the future.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Love2hike19
Haverhill, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 6, 2010

My husband and I stayed here with our two children during the July 4th weekend. We are used to staying at resorts in the area, but decided to give this place a try to minimize costs. We were so pleased. Our room was clean and the beds were comfy. The pool area is private (not right on the road like some motels) with plenty of seats to lounge and the water was crystal clear. We all enjoyed swimming. Once you shut the door, you don't hear any road noise. Actually we didn't even hear our neighbors. I think the walk into N. Conway village is a little far, but it's only a short walk to mini-golf, Dunkin Donuts, and an ice cream shop. I would definitely recommend the School House Motel to friends and we will return again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank MAJCWHITE
Spencer, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 28, 2010

My family and I just returned from a 4 night stay at the School House Motel. We stayed in cabin 26, which has two double beds, a large bathroom, and a seperate screened in back room built onto the side of a hill with wonderful views of the Moat Mountains. The cabin is located just behind the main complex next to the pool. The owners were very pleasant, accomodating, and readily available. The hotel itself is located right on the main drag within a few miles of numerous restaurants, shops, and entertainment. It was very clean and well maintained, the beds were comfortable, and the screened in back room was a nice spot to relax after a busy day. Overall I was extremely pleased with this motel, would recommend it, and would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Valve9
New Brunswick
Reviewed August 31, 2009

We travel to North Conway for R & R and some serious shopping several times a year
We drive 5+ hours to get there, and we always stay here.
Its clean, staff is over the top friendly. That this motel you're treated like they really appreciate your business. Unlike the Chain Hotel/Motel - acting like they're doing us a favor. Plus....you're saving $$$ on lodging to spend shopping - what a bonus!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple