“Absolutely wonderful!”

Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in North Conway
Chillicothe, Ohio
“Absolutely wonderful!”
Reviewed August 23, 2014

As soon as you walk into the brightly lite lobby with the fireplace, and receiving smiles from the staff, you feel like you are at a B&B instead of a chain hotel. We were so glad that we got a 1 bedroom suite & kitchenette on the 3rd floor. The whole hotel & grounds were immaculate! Even the guest laundry. Our suite was large enough that we did take out every evening from 2 of the fine eateries & did not have to fight the long lines. King-size bed was very comfortable with plenty of room to move about the room (plus a 2nd HD TV. Best layout of electrical outlets; even 2 at the base of every light which was genius! Wifi was strong & able to handle our 6 devices that we carry with us. Beautiful long & deep marble counters were beside each of the 2 closets that were at waist high. This allowed for multiple flexibility with luggage & I'm sure comes in handy during ski season. Breakfast was expanded with multiple choices & was included in the rate. It was crowded, but there were trays available to take back to your room. TV's were large with plenty of sports HD channels to keep Hubby happy when it started to rain. Bathroom was small, but had nice large counter & strong shower spray. The very nice put-put golf attraction next door was a welcome diversion when we didn't want to hike anymore; and was not a noise issue for us. The staff were friendly & helpful with directions & recommendations. The pool was very soundproof & designed for the small children at were in residence. We really enjoyed our stay here & if we return to the White Mountains, this hotel & this room will be our first choice.

Room Tip: 1 bedroom suite - 307 was perfect for us & reasonable priced during the week. At back of hotel...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
davenh012, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites North Conway, responded to this review, August 24, 2014
Will you be our publicist? What an awesome review and 5/5 score! It make the whole staff very proud to read your comments. We all truly try to make everyone's experience at our hotel the very best! Choice Hotels International has honored us with the 2014 Hotel of the Year award this May! We are so pleased that you chose our hotel for your visit to the White Mountains. Fall Foliage is just around the corner - you really must see the spectacular colors the valley displays. Thank You for your review and enjoy the rest of your summer.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Connecticut
Reviewed August 22, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights with our 2 teenage daughters. The room was very clean, comfortable and well equipped. Beds were comfortable. Breakfast was included...typical and perfectly adequate. Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. Afternoon cookies were a nice touch! This was strictly a home base for us as we were in the area to hike and explore the white mountain area. If you are going to spend alot of time at the hotel it is bustling with young families and has much to offer them.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
davenh012, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites North Conway, responded to this review, August 23, 2014
We are very pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us. The White Mountains are indeed the perfect place to enjoy the outdoors with the family. Have you ever visited the valley during Fall Foliage season? It is a "must do" ; the colors are unbelievable! We hope to see you again soon. Thank you for your wonderful review!
Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is definitely geared for families with young children, so bring some earplugs! Our suite was nice, but cramped. Staff asks guests to be considerate of other guests, but unfortunately there are some parents who need to understand what that means. It is not acceptable to let your kids run in the hallway at 6 am which is what happened to us. We did receive a note of apology which was nice, but that does not make up for the lack of sleep. Breakfast was ok, but the boys working were taking time to unload items in cupboards and were in the way of guests who were trying to get something to eat. Seems like there could have been a better time to do this. We did see a small black bear in the morning right next to the hotel! Cool!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Linda C
davenh012, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites North Conway, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Thank you for your review of our hotel. It was our pleasure to serve you. Your comments will help us to improve our guest services; thank you. We hope that you will have an opportunity to visit us again. Fall Foliage is just around the corner.
Chambersburg
Reviewed August 20, 2014

My wife and I recently chose this hotel in which to spend our 40th wedding anniversary. I wanted a location near local attractions with above average accommodations. After reading many reviews, I chose a suite at the Comfort Inn. I read some reviews which mentioned noise and crowding during peak tourist season, so I had some concerns in advance.

I must confess that our concerns soon disappeared. I called ahead to address potential noise concerns. The person who answered was most reassuring and had selected for us as quiet a spot as possible. This promise proved true. Next was the report of a crowded breakfast room. Though the hotel was filled, we were able to comfortably dine each morning. And the breakfast selections were outstanding. There were many choices and plenty of each item. Breads were fresh and the staff kept things stocked and tables and floors clean.

The most important part was the room itself. What a surprise! Website pictures did not do the one bedroom suite justice. It was clean, roomy, and comfortable. What a nice place to rest and relax. One day I returned while the cleaning person was still working. He did one of the most thorough and complete jobs I have seen.

Some reviewers complained about the attached mini-golf course. I played 5 rounds and had more fun than I have in a long time. Hotel guests are offered a discount.

While some reviews are suspected of being submitted by hotel employees, let me assure you that I am an independent guest. I travel 5-6 days a week on business and stay in hotels at least 50 nights each year across the country. I have experienced many hotels and brands and have been able to compare promises, and ads with reality. I can wholeheartedly testify to our complete satisfaction with our stay. If you think I found nothing to criticize, you are wrong. I do think they could supply a thicker bar of soap and a roll of paper towels in the rooms with kitchenettes. That's about it.

If we travel back this way, we know where to stay. I suggest you do the same.

Room Tip: The larger suites are great. But all the rooms seemed to be of a quality above the average hotel of...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

You have just made my staff of 24 the most excited people on this planet! Thank you for such a wonderful review. It is reviews like yours that has helped us earn the Choice Hotels International 2014 Hotel of the Year award. I hope that we will get to serve you again in the future! It truly is our pleasure to serve you and all of our guests. Thank You!! You have made us all very proud!
Bridgewater, Canada
Reviewed August 20, 2014

I stayed at this property for one night while in New Hampshire to golf. The property is very well maintained. Great spot if you have kids as they have a mini putt area. The room we had was very nice. It had a kitchenette, king sized bed and a fireplace! My only issues were: 1) the bathroom was very small and 2) the view from the window (Room 204) was of the roof of the building. Other than that the hotel was great! Free hot/cold breakfast in the mornings with a pretty good sized seating area for that. There was a pool at the hotel as well but I didn't try it out.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
We are very pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us. Thank you for your terrific score of 5/5. It was a pleasure to serve you and we hope to see you again soon. Fall Foliage is just around the corner and the White Mountains are spectacular! Come visit us!
Danvers
Reviewed August 19, 2014

I got to spend a few days at Story Land with my grandchildren and if it hadn't been for being able to go back to this hotel I would have lost my mind. The room was great and had a fridge, microwave and coffee pot. The pool was smallish but adequate. Breakfast had something for everyone, including good coffee, The staff were great; we ended up leaving a couple of kids' bathing suits in the dryer and called from Story Land and asked them to hold them at the desk until we left to go home. The suits were waiting for us 7 hours later. The hotel was loaded with families and kids and we never heard any noise in our room. I called a week before we went to ask if we could be located close to the people we were traveling with. They assigned us to rooms next to each other right then on the phone. I'd like to go back minus kids and Story Land!

Room Tip: All the rooms were recently redone and as far as I could tell any one would be good.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
It sounds like your family had a wonderful visit to North Conway and Story Land! It has been the perfect summer for the valley and we are thrilled that you selected our hotel as your home away from home! Fall Foliage is just around the corner, come and visit us again and enjoy the beautiful colors of the White Mountains! Plus the excellent pre-Christmas retails sales will be in full swing! Enjoy the rest of your summer!
mjt184
Reviewed August 19, 2014

This was our first stay in North Conway and we were glad that we stayed at the Comfort Inn. The room was extremely comfortable for a family of four. It was one of the biggest rooms we have ever had in a hotel. The sitting area with the couch made it easier for us to spread out. The room was very clean and housekeeping did a nice job taking care of a our room for our 3 day stay. There was also a small table in the corner for 2. We ordered a pizza one night and it was nice to have the table to eat at.

We liked being able to have a hot breakfast each morning at the hotel. My daughters liked making homemade waffles and I thought there was nice assortment of different foods to select from. The dining area is a bit small. It gets crowded quickly, but they have trays to bring food back to your room. There was always coffee and hot water for tea during the day in the dining area.

We enjoyed playing mini-golf at the hotel on two of our nights. The two 18 hold courses are really nice. My daughters loved them. The only drawback to the mini-golf is that it can be loud until 11:00 if you are staying on that side of the hotel. We were on the first floor of the front of the hotel and the window looked out right onto the course. We were exhausted from travel the first day and we went to bed early. The noise from the mini-golf was annoying. If I had to do it again would have asked for a room on the other side of the hotel.

Overall, it was fantastic stay. I would stay there again if we ever visit North Conway.

Room Tip: If you plan on going to bed early, ask for a room that is facing the back of the hotel so you don...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for selecting our hotel for your visit to North Conway. Your review and scores are wonderful and we are so glad that you enjoyed staying with us. It was our pleasure to serve you and we hope to see you again!