“Great Hotel, Great Service!”

Comfort Inn & Suites North Conway
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in North Conway
Rosendale, New York
“Great Hotel, Great Service!”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Clean up to date accommodations. Nice location near to attractions, but not too close. Quiet well kept property. Superb management and staff. Price for rooms well worth the cost versus basic local motels. Complimentary breakfast has a little bit for everyone. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: For the little bit of extra cost the suites have more room and character.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Joe P
, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites North Conway, responded to this review, July 1, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to submit a review about your visit. The one bedroom suites are an excellent choice for a family that likes to have lots of open space. They are very popular and we only have four of these in the hotel. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Shutesbury, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights- Thurs, Friday, and Sunday. Booked it with "Helen" on the phone a few weeks in advance and she was at the desk when we checked in. She wasn't able to get me the king suite that I wanted but we had a room with 2 double beds, a mini-fridge, and a microwave. I put our icepacks from our small cooler into the mini-fridge freezer and used the fridge for leftovers, milk, and beverages. We got 3 small waters when we checked in and there were cookies at the front desk every night too (oatmeal raisin). Our room had a desk and a small dining table and 3 chairs. I would have liked a 2nd night stand on the side near the windows but oh well. Housekeeping did a fine job of cleaning up after us and arranging my daughter's stuffed animals every day. We also tried to utilize the recycling a little bit that was in the hallway too. We were in room 101 so we did not need the elevator. It did look like the elevator was rather was small and the area outside the elevator got very crowded in the mornings when people were having breakfast and checking out etc.

It is taking me some time to write this review. This is a small hotel compared to the other chains. It has wi-fi, and indoor pool, and a breakfast. All things I want in a hotel. However, the wi-fi was a little slow at night. There were 2 of us using it in our room and it was not speedy. The pool was so small that with just 3 kids it feels full, and many times I saw 6 or 7 kids in it (not surprising) and skipped it with my daughter. We did the mini-golf instead. The one time we did use the pool it was FREEZING!! The kids were okay but all the adults were frozen.

The breakfast area is way too small. Only a few tables and with the way it is set up people are waiting in line in the middle of the area for the waffle makers while everyone else is trying to get around them. The breakfast was the exact same thing every single day (yeah, who cares) but even with good parenting going on it was chaos trying to get breakfast. Some mornings we had to eat in our room because we couldn't find an empty table. The eggs were terrible. None of us could stand them. The coffee and juices were good though. I ended up sticking with bagels and yogurt because I couldn't get to the waffle machine. My husband had more patience and a bigger appetite and did the waffles. He liked them.

As far as service goes, check in was fast, and check out was "express" (just call the desk and tell them you are gone). When I stopped by the desk to inquire about getting a specific room for a future stay though I was surprised by the lack of helpfulness. I was quoted a rate at least $30 more than what I paid for on this trip, and there was no attempt to "block" the room I wanted or tell me if it was even available. Of course it wasn't "Helen" either. Maybe I should call back now that I'm home and see if she would help me. I'm guessing the service depends on the person on the desk. I'm still on the fence whether to go back.

Oh, I checked out the exercise room. No one uses it. It has 3 machines including a treadmill. No windows or whatever.

Here's what it comes down to- you don't have a lot of choices. You can stay at one of the inns that only has an outdoor pool, no breakfast, and maybe wi-fi and maybe not and pay the same price or maybe less. You can stay at one of the big places like the Conway Grand or the Red Jacket and pay a lot more. Or you can stay here. Personally I wouldn't stay here unless I had kids. I know they have honeymoon suites or whatever, but the place really is crawling with kids who are going to StoryLand and Santa's Village (about an hour away). So if you are alone, older, or otherwise childless, skip this place.

Okay.. that's all I can think of for now. I might be back in July but I'm going to have to do some research first.

Room Tip: Next time I think I want an upper floor. We were in 101 which was on the first floor of course. No v...
2 Thank RebeccaMA
Thank you for your comments about your recent visit with us in North Conway. You have covered many facets about your visit and each is important to us. We are investigating the lack of service you received by the Guest Service Agent about a future visit. This is a critical issue and will be resolved. You are absolutely correct about the numerous kids at the hotel. It is the summer season and we are a family friendly hotel - we try to encourage every parent to respect that there are other guests in the hotel. When the schools reopen in the fall you would be surprised how calm and relaxing North Conway and our hotel can be. It's a must see location for spectacular fall foliage colors! While staying with us, please let any staff member know if something isn't right - we will make every effort to correct it immediately.
Vaudreuil-Dorion, Canada
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights during our shopping spree and visit to North Conway, New Hampshire. We were promptly greeted by Bill at the front desk. He was so friendly and always smiling and cheery. As we had booked on-line all our paperwork was ready to go. Bill even let us know if we were not satisfied with our room to let him know and he would change it or fix it. We stayed in a King room suite which was quite roomy and clean (as a matter of fact the whole place is clean and tidy). Available in the room was a safe, microwave, bar fridge, bar sink, coffee maker with coffee and tea available as well as a small sitting area and flat-screen TV. Toiletries were also available (shampoo, cream rinse, body lotion, shower cap, soaps, and a make-up remover wipe). There are plenty of towels in the room (enough for 4 people). Even though there were a lot of families with young children, once in our room we did not hear a peep (and there were several staying on the same floor)!

In the morning a free hot breakfast buffet is available. All types of juices, milk, bagels, English muffins, mini-blueberry muffins, toast, jams, peanut butter, make your own waffles (plain and blueberry), oatmeal, cereal, yoghurt, fresh fruit, flat sausage, french toast, hard boiled eggs, round omelet type eggs so that you can make your own breakfast sandwich on an English muffin. (I gave a rating of "5" for restaurant as the free breakfast is great...however there is no restaurant on site). There is also an indoor pool and exercise area which we did not use. We saw a lot of families using the pool which you can see when you head from the lobby to the elevators. There is a large free parking area on site also.

Barbara at the front desk was helpful when asking about the Mt. Washington auto tour. She provided us with information from how to get there to the weather and what we should wear up at the summit which drops down more than a few degrees (it snowed on June 6th up there!!!!). She even gave us a discount coupon that we used.

Tea and coffee is available 24/7 in the breakfast room as well as fresh cookies are available at the front desk. This hotel is centrally located to everything. It is near the shopping areas as well as the recreational areas. There is a mini-putt on the site with a really nice layout including huge waterfalls that is open to the public. Even though on the Friday night there were a ton of people enjoying the nice weather, once in our room we did not hear a thing.

And thank you to Bill who suggested that we freeze our freezer packs in his full size fridge downstairs so that they would be well frozen for our coolers on the trip back.

We will definitely stay at this place the next time we are in North Conway.

Room Tip: The rooms on the north side (back) are probably quieter than the front as they are farther away from...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Sue B
, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites North Conway, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. Bill and Barbara are very sincere and knowledgeable about our North Conway valley. I really appreciate when someone mentions a staff member by name! We hope to see you again soon!
Commerce, Georgia
Reviewed June 22, 2012

We stayed here during a road-trip. We booked through Choice hotels by phone and knew nothing of the area. As a couple we enjoyed the king suite - but - this property is incorporated into a mini-golf facility. Lots of noise from the families having fun - just outside our window. It is a great hotel for families but not for couples who appreciate quiet. The breakfast was tasty if you don't mind children running wild. The poor breakfast employee spent her entire time trying to maintain some level of cleanliness and keep the children from touching everything. I love children just not always the parents who allow them to run wild.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JudyRDH
Oh Boy - Summer can be a cazy time in North Conway. I hope our other guests were not to bothersome - should they ever be, just let us know and we'll try our best to calm things down. If you travel to New England in the fall you've got to see our valley in full color! Oh, you'll also notice a few less children once school begins. We're a great place for families and a visit to Story Land but it can be overwhelming. Please visit us again!
Rock Hill, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Bill was very pleasant and the room and facility was great.

1 Thank Dave S
Bill is a true ambassador for our Comfort Inn & Suites. I'm very pleased that he made such an impression. Please visit us again.
Cortland, New York
Reviewed June 17, 2012

We arrived on the 2nd Friday of June, which was the beginning of Bike Week, for a 2 night stay. I was a little worried about noise at first, but the bikers were just great, and no problem at all!! The hotel even had a tent set up for them to park their bikes under...a welcome service for sure as it absolutely poured Friday evening. This hotel is super clean!!! The staff is very friendly. Bill, the afternoon/evening gentleman at the front desk aims to please. He greeted us warmly every time we entered, and was helpful with everything we needed. We called before arrival to try to get the 3 rooms of our party together, and he had already taken care of it! The front desk ladies in the morning were also fantastic, but I regret that I did not get their names.
The buffet in the morning had a nice assortment of food. I especially enjoyed the cinnamon waffles, which were just a little different than the usual hotel fare. The breakfast attendants did a great job of keeping all of the food stocked, while at the same time trying to stay out of the way of the guests.
While we were at the hotel we dined at Delaney's Hole in the Wall which was awesome. We did a review of the place. We also played Mini-golf...the course is beautiful with all of the waterfalls. It poured on us at hole 5 so we were given a token to play a free game the next night-which we did.
We had a very minor problem in our room and the way it was handled made me realize that if we had actually had a real problem it would have been addressed completely until we were satisfied. Our coffee pot needed a vinegar treatment as it took about 30 minutes to perk. No big deal, but I left a note for housekeeping. She left a note for us saying she had contacted maintenance, and then maintenance came with a new coffee pot for us and also left a note saying our problem had been solved. Very impressive way to show customer service.
Overall, we would return to this hotel in a heartbeat. We were here for a family funeral, but it would be a great place for a weekend getaway for some good shopping! We would be willing to answer any questions you have about the hotel...which is stellar in its customer service!!

Room Tip: It is a small hotel. Rooms at the end of the hall are quieter.
3 Thank Laurie P
Thank you! What a great review you have shared. I very happy that you had such a great time even though your visit to North Conway wasn't just for a get-away. The staff really appreciates your mention of their service. We hope to see you again soon!
ontario, canada
Reviewed June 15, 2012

We stayed at Comfort inn for 2 nights and my kids love it.
The room was clean, buffet breakfast was great and hotel staff were friendly.
I would definitely go back.

Room Tip: I prefer suite over a standard room