“Mediocre Thai food at best”
Review of A Taste of Thai - MOVED

A Taste of Thai
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: North Conway's premiere establishment for authentic Thai cuisine! Located in the heart of the world famous village of North Conway, New Hampshire and the Mount Washington Valley, we serve wholesome, delicious, genuine, and; spicy if you like it Thai food made from scratch. Our kitchen is busy every day preparing recipes passed down from generation to generation. We offer a full bar and a wide variety of specialty cocktails as well.
Boston, Massachusetts
“Mediocre Thai food at best”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

When I was at this restaurant 2 years ago, it was pretty good. During my recent visit, the food was just okay. My brother, sister-in-law, and I shared tom kar soup, shrimp dumplings and tod mun (fish cakes). All were as expected - good and up to par. Our main courses, however, left much to be desired. Between the three of us, there was panang curry, tom yum noodle soup and hickey with vermicelli noodles. Of the three dishes, the panang curry was really good. The other two were super spicy (the way we had requested), but there was not much else. My tom yum soup was was not sour and didn't have the usual layers of flavors that's to be expected in a Thai dish. My sister-in-law's vermicelli dish was bland except for the super salty fish sauce. She was yearning for my homemade fish sauce made from my mom's family recipe. My recommendation is find another Thai restaurant if you want authenticity.

• Visited November 2012

Albany, New Hampshire
“Best Thai food in the Valley”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Excellent! Their Pad Thai is great. They make an excellent Satay Chicken. Curry dishes are great. They now have it so you have to order by spicyness 1-5. I would suggest going easy on it. I thought 3 would be medium it was way too hot! and I like spicy. Go with a 1 or 2. The whole place is extremely clean including the restrooms. The food is very fresh! Service is excellent always keeping your water glass full.

Visited November 2012
Nashua, New Hampshire
“MUST EAT AT!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is my second time eating at Taste Of Thai in North Conway. The first time was amazing and the second followed the same delicious food. The flavor is out of this world, price and portions are perfect. You will not be let down by this place! The service is prompt and very friendly, our server was able to explain what everything was and describe the 5 levels of hotness which can be chosen when ordering a Thai dish. Everyone in our party was excited to try Thai for the first time and we will definitely make this our go-to restaurant every time we visit North Conway! Highly suggest eating here, menu is available online!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Spiffy4Jiffy
Connecticut
“Nice stop but nothing too special”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I've had Thai locally before and I found this food to be on par with what we have at home.

They did have an excellent value lunch special and allowed us to substitute some crab/seafood offering for another Thai roll. The rolls were very good.

I had some Lemon Chicken if I remember right. It was tasty and properly prepared. Service was very fast (there were only 2 other tables at the time) and I was satisfied with the experience.

• Visited September 2012
Framingham, Massachusetts
“Very slow service”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I have to agree with the food portion of peoples reviews, very good food.

However, the service is awful. I have been here roughly 4 times and all times the place was not full, but, we were forgotten, food was missing and on one occasion, we asked for the bill 3 times, and finally the 3rd time they tried to convince we had paid already, which we had not.

This is too bad that it takes over 2 hours to have what could be a 1 hour meal.

If you have nothing else to do with your evening, go here, as the food is very good and the people very nice and friendly, but, the service makes this rating 2 stars only.

• Visited July 2012