“Their web site couldn't say it any better: "Simply Elegant"”
Review of The Cabernet Inn

The Cabernet Inn
Ranked #7 of 21 North Conway B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 21, 2012

As part of an annual ski/snowboarding trip with a large group of friends, this was my second stay at The Cabernet Inn. I have to say that walking back in there after a year, I felt like I had come back home after a long trip. Bruce and Jessica (the owners) treat you as though you're a close friend, like family, and like royalty - all at the same time. From just the general feeling of being warmly invited to stay in their home to being genuinely interested in hearing about your travels to being attentive to every detail; details that I would never have thought of, the word "accommodating" is redefined at The Cabernet Inn and sets the bar extraordinarily high for anywhere else. They really do spoil you to pieces.

Last year, I had a room with a fireplace. This year, one with a Jacuzzi tub. Both were very well kept, clean, and all-around wonderful. The rooms have more than adequate space, and they're ornately - even whimsically decorated. For me, the general feeling in the rooms is like that of spending time at my grandmother's house. I would consider the decor to be dated if it wasn't just so comfortable and inviting. It works really well and is relaxing, like a bedroom should be. In fact, everything about the inn is very relaxing and comfortable.

If you're not a morning person, you will be while you're staying at the inn because Jessica's breakfasts are well worth waking up for. I'm not a complete stranger to the kitchen, and certainly not a stranger to breakfast. Some of my circles of friends have started recognizing me for my breakfast preparations, but Jessica's breakfasts blow mine and me away. She truly works magic in that amazing kitchen of theirs while Bruce dutifully and masterfully attends to every detail in the dining room. If you skip breakfast, you're truly missing out.

Location is very important when deciding how to spend time away from home, and the location of The Cabernet Inn is picture perfect. The scenery would be tough to beat, there are mountain resorts nearby, plenty of dining variety... anything you could ask for in a mountain get-away. Bruce and Jessica know all of the answers to questions about the area, so don't hesitate to ask for a recommendation. Sure, you could look things up on the Internet, but nothing beats getting the scoop from the locals.

Anyway, I could ramble on about what a great time I had, but what it boils down to is that I think you should go experience it for yourself. I would be surprised if you were disappointed in any way.

Room Tip: All of the rooms have a pleasantly unique quality about them.
1  Thank SimbaMCO

Reviewed February 7, 2012

This weekend I spent my second year in a row at The Cabernet Inn in North Conway, NH. My friends and I wanted somplace clean, friendly, warm and not connected to some huge faceless corporation. The Cabernet gave us all of those things and more. Bruce and Jess, the owners of The Cabernet, make the inn feel like home to their guests. They gave us all the advice we needed and helped us to find fun while we were in town. We enjoyed delicious breakfasts everyday, discounted tickets, clean rooms and excellent amenities. The jacuzzi is a must for anyone who stays at the inn. I loved the fireplace in my room and wanted to take it home. When you visit, be sure to say hello to Cleo, the dog. She's adorable.

The location is perfectly situated to reach Cranmore and Attitash. Plenty of parking and access to hiking/snowshoeing/cross-country skiing trails right outside the door. Shopping and diining is a quick drive down the road. I'm really looking forward to visiting next year.

Room Tip: My personal favorite is room number 5 which is near the common area and faces the back of the proper...
1  Thank jlouiss
Reviewed February 7, 2012

A large group of friends and I recently stayed here for our annual Ski/Snowboarding trip and we all had a fantastic time. Bruce and Jess went out of their way to make us feel at home while staying with them, breakfast every morning was top notch and the rooms were well maintained. First time staying in a jacuzzi room which was wonderful after a full day on the slopes.

Reviewed January 1, 2012

This was our third trip to the Cabernet inn. It is a friendly, welcoming place. We spent a couple of pleasant nights there over New Year's weekend. Breakfast was excellent both days and we enjoyed talking to other guests.

Room Tip: The jacuzzi in the room was nice and relaxing.
Reviewed December 30, 2011

We stayed here for our first wedding anniversary. We stayed in a deluxe jacuzzi room - this was a normal room, but with a large jacuzzi in the corner of the bedroom. Jacuzzi worked well. We had our own exit to the (large) car park (useful for loading/unloading the car) or we could go through the b&b.

Breakfast was good - menu to choose from for main courses as well as hot muffins etc (and there was home baking at tea-time).

The owners were helpful - even emailing me beforehand to ask if they could arrange a dinner reservation and suggesting some of their favourites.

This B&B is run by the owners, who live in the annex.

Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Larklight
Reviewed December 26, 2011

We frequent the North Conway area and usually stay at places that accept pets as we travel with our 2 labs, but we had a gift certificate to this inn and had a wonderful time (without our dogs) They do have a sweet 9 yr old lab Cleo to get your puppy fix in. The bed is so comfortable and we got such a good night sleep. This inn is so beautiful and in a fabulous location. The owners Jessica and Bruce do a wonderful job at this inn. She is a chef and the breakfasts are so delicious. You have a variety of choices and also a special offering. I tried the maple walnut stuffed french toast that others have commented on and it was so delicious. There is coffee and treats available in the afternoon as well. Although there are no TV's in individual rooms there is a TV available in the guest common room along with a fireplace which Bruce attended all night for us. (thanks Bruce!) We would recommend this inn to anyone and we would stay again, if my sister will watch our dogs!
Lablovers

1  Thank lablover97
Reviewed December 12, 2011

My wife and I have stayed here many times in the past, we were impressed with the place when we were in N. Conway in the past, however, the last time we were there in a "Premium" room with a Jacuzzi & fireplace the Jacuzzi didn't work well at all... the force was like pouring a glass of water down the sink, lol.. The white painted woodwork was stained and needed to be repainted. There were scuffs on the walls that could have been cleaned with a bit of elbow grease, the finials on the 4 poster bed were wonky and could have been easily fixed. There were noticeable cracks in the bathroom where the tile met the drywall, the corners and edges of the bathroom floor were dirty. The antique armoire needed to be tightened to the point that one had to jiggle it to get the doors to close. On the bright side, we never fail to meet very nice folks there to enjoy our breakfast with. The breakfasts are awesome too.

3  Thank Chas C
Cleopatra-7, Owner at The Cabernet Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2011

Maintenance is not slipping at the Cabernet Inn
We thank you very much for pointing out some things that need to be addressed in one of the guest rooms. Bruce and I work very hard to keep things at the Inn as pristine as possible. We have an annual room by room maintenance schedule and do a thorough Fall and Spring clean of the entire Inn. As for the Jacuzzi, in your attempt to adjust the jets, you ended up shutting them off. The jets are on now and working properly. We truly thank you for your concerns and suggestions. We hope to see you for a fourth visit to the Inn.