“Step back in time other than costs and crowds”

Zeb's General Store
Ranked #1 of 25 Shopping in North Conway
More attraction details
Owner description: General store selling only New England-made products.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Narrow aisles and not much room to move around, lots of "STUFF", and geared for tourists. If you want a "local" product, there are lots of options here. You'll find items in every price range (some overpriced and some not), and what attempts to be local charm although the jostling of people does not feel at all "local". I can't imagine spending a few hours in this place, but, then, I grew up in New England so this is not as unique an experience to me as it might be to someone who's not been to a small-town general store before.

All reviews
in 9 reviews
"knick knacks"
"fun place to visit"
in 6 reviews
"little bit of everything"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed July 18, 2013

An enjoyable place to browse. We had stopped at the Vermont Country Store on the way up to New Hampshire, and Zeb's s similar--lots of candy and amusing items. We were taking a train ride and shopping at Zeb's was a fun stop that is right across the street.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

No visit to North Conway would be complete without a visit to zebs. Everything you can think of is here. Good prices and a fun way to spend a few hours

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Zeb's has great merchandise although it is a little pricy. I normally shop at the store and on line. I order my Christmas gifts on line and go to Zeb's whenever I am in North Conway.

I made an attempt to go to Zeb's on July 4, 2013 but it was so busy inside that I had to leave without looking at anything. There were just too many people in the store. It was very frustrating but after all it was July 4.

My second attempt was on Monday, July 8th. We got there just as they opened. I was able to look around and get my maple syrups, soaps and other goods. There is just a great selection of items there that you just can't walk out without something! I recommend the NH brands of maple Syrup as well as the Zeb's Brand Birch Beer.

The person that checked me out was in a FOUL food, she never looked up at me, smiled or even said hello. She grabbed my credit card to charge it and put my stuff in bags. I don't know if she was pre-occupied because she kept looking at the door. Something else must have been going on at that time.

I don't hold this against Zeb's though. They still have a great on line service and store.