“What A Ride!”

Conway Scenic Railroad
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy an old-fashioned railroading experience with all trains departing from an 1874 station in North Conway Village. Whether you choose one of the Valley Trains to Conway or Bartlett, or take the Notch Train through spectacular Crawford Notch, this is a journey back in time the whole family will enjoy. Valley Train Season: mid-April through December. Notch Train Season: late June through mid-October. Coach, First Class, and Dining Car options are available on all routes. Chilren under 4 ride free in Coach on the Valley Trains. Well-behaved dogs are always welcome.
Reviewed May 30, 2014

The Conway Scenic Railroad has been a must visit for my family for forty years! The trips are wonderfully relaxing for adults and stimulating for children. Sit back and enjoy the ride!

1  Thank Risa K

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Having grown up always "vacationing" in NoCo, I have been on this train many times. It is a major rip off and you mostly see the backs of stores. Kids think it's neat to ride the train but don't expect more than that.

ConwayScenicRR, Manager at Conway Scenic Railroad, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

As I've written before, all of our train rides depart from our station in the center of North Conway Village, and the Conway route does parallel Route 16/302 for the first mile or so, travelling behind shops and restaurants. The North Conway area has seen lots of development in the 40 years since Conway Scenic opened for business. However, that same route also travels through fields and farmlands and crosses the Saco and Swift Rivers on the way to Conway, offering some beautiful, distant mountain views along the way.

We appreciate this reviewer's business, but it's curious that someone who thinks so poorly of our railroad would ride with us "many time" over the years.

Susan Logan
Marketing Manager
CSRR

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We enjoyed the scenery during the train ride as we were in New England for the leaf peeping season and we were not disappointed! The train ride was too long for us as we felt a little bored after an hour. The lunch was nice but not wonderful. We did share our space with a lovely couple from Boston and ate lunch together which was very pleasant. Now that we've done this trip, I don't think I would do it again but it was a nice one time entertainment.

1  Thank mah813
Reviewed May 26, 2014

thought I would do the train... nice but I would not do it again.... I prefer to do the cannon arial tram way...

Reviewed May 19, 2014

We took the cheaper train ride, which was fun if you're just looking for a short afternoon train ride (kinda expensive though). The scenery wasn't what we had hoped though. I think I would rather pay a little extra and get the beautiful scenes!