“Cranmore Mountain Lodge is so homey and comfortable and conveniently located.”

Cranmore Mountain Lodge Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #10 of 21 North Conway B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 20, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay. The room was comfortable and very clean. Our son loved the play area with toys and it was relaxing to have comfortable couches for my husband and I while he played. It was close to the train station, shops and great restaurants. Breakfast in the morning was delicious and quick - we loved having options. Thanks again for making our Polar Express trip memorable!

• Stayed: December 2012

Reviewed November 1, 2012

We had a good experience here. It's easy to get to this place - they are close to town. They serve a great bfast - and you can order a variety of items all cooked to order. The B&B is comfortable and the beds aren't too hard. Although there is a rather annoying electrical noise (hum) in room 10 emanating from the wall that comes and goes, but that's the only bad thing I'd have to say. The bathroom wasn't attached to the room, but it wasn't too difficult to manage.

There are a couple of common rooms downstairs that have some entertainment - toys for kids, games, tv, and a piano - also a fireplace. There is a pool and a hot tub although we didn't use either one.

Some perks in the area are shopping at the outlets in Conway - lots of Spas in the area - nice scenery, and in the winter skiing. Maybe I'll come back for the skiing.

The value is good here - a place to stay that is nice an clean, enjoyable, good hosts, great bfast and a reasonable value for your money.

Room Tip: Maybe take a room with a bathroom
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We stayed at the cranmore mountain lodge for 2 nights in the fall of 2012. While their free breakfast each morning was delightful the accommodations were hardly the 3 1/2 stars the reviews and websites claim it to be and feel the price was high for shabby quality of the accommodations. The first thing that greeted us upon our arrival was an awning above the entrance filled with cobwebs and an enormous spider, something that could easily be avoided by a periodic brush of a broom. The main areas including breakfast area are quaint and cute. However, upon entry to our rooms we highly disappointed with what we saw. Beyond the "charm" one expects at a BAndB was extremely outdated decor and room size was rather small. We actually dreaded the coffin of a shower in the room. The bedspeads were very, very old and are surely not cleaned after each guests' use. There was paint all over the window panes and dead bugs in the sill. The ceiling fan couldnt be used since it was a hazard about to fly off its hinges. And don't forget to pack every single toiletry you normally use. What the cranmore offers are random free junk samples. Let me not forget the potent smell of grease and bacon that infiltrates the halls. They need a ventilation fan in their kitchen desperately. Our clothes and belongings reeked. Finally, another disappoint was the fact they stated they offered WIFi yet it was literally only available in the main breakfast room. This place needs an update and is most certainly overpriced.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Sp1017
Frederiquep, Owner at Cranmore Mountain Lodge Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Some of our rooms are small but well appointed, all with private bathroom, clean and the beds are comfortable ; the room décor is typical from a New England Farmhouse ; our bed spreads are no more than 3 years old and washed regularly ; ceiling fans are working properly but can balance when turned on full speed ; amenities present in the room (shampoo, conditioner, soaps…) are carefully chosen so that they are friendly to our environment ; the commercial exhaust fan in the kitchen is in proper order but when cooking 50 breakfasts each morning we admit the smell of bacon can spread in the house ; Fall foliage rates are the highest of the year, and we are certainly competitive compared with other lodging properties ; As for the WIFI, we are working on it : when all our guests are using ipads, tablets, iphones or other devices…, we admit the connection isn’t the best. We are in the process of buying WIFI repeaters to cover the needs of all our guests sharing the bandwidth. Finally, spiders are relentlessly building their webs and trying to enter the building in the Fall, as everyone knows, and even with a periodic brush of a broom, we can’t get them all!

Reviewed October 14, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Cranmore Mountain Lodge to celebrate our first wedding anniversary! We stayed this bed and breakfast for four nights. From day one we were really impressed with the professionalism and hospitality! Frederique gave us a warm welcome and also surprised us with a bottle of champagne to celebrate our anniversary! Our rooms were very clean and comfortable. We loved having the delicious home made breaksfasts each morning. The dining service was outstanding! Guillaume, our server, was very accomodating. Not only did he serve us our breakfast, he was also very resourceful with answering any questions we had about the area. Unfortunately, we did not have a chance to meet Thierry. We know that he was busy behind the scenes. My husband and I will look forward to returning to Cranmore Mountain Lodge again. We would recommend B&B to others. Michael and Maryellen Boston, MA

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Maryellen C
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We traveled in New England with a tight schedule. Our main traveling objective in White Mountain is to explore the Kanc and Flume Gorge. We set only 2 nights stay in Cranmore Mountain Lodge in North Conway. Here's what exactly what I were looking for! For whoever love to stay in a modern hotel, they might think it is old here, however, the older the more valuable the place is.
The vintage with traditional New England style decoration is a theme. I like the living area with piano and guitars. Some guests might not check out the backyard, but it was I wanted to do most when I got there because I knew that there's a small brook, it was such a pretty one. I even wanted to sit and listen to the water falling still. What I can't miss mentioning about Cranmore Mountain Lodge is its fabulous homestyle breakfast and a great wait service. It was just a perfect stay for me. I wish I could go back there during summer time. Well, I would just like the host to interact a bit more with guests. I understand that you were busy preparing breakfast but it would be nice to have you say good bye to the guests at least instead of placing the room keys and leave :)

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2012

My husband and I stayed here overnight to celebrate my birthday. We booked the room only a couple days in advance and found that the hosts were able to accommodate us. We stayed in room 19 and found the room to be cozy and comfortable. Upon entering the room, there was a bottle of champagne and a nice card, wishing me a happy birthday from the staff.

Breakfast was wonderful. I had French toast and my husband had bacon and eggs. The coffee was delicious! We are not normally a fan of French Roast however we really enjoy the coffee. We found the service to be exceptional. Fredi and Gui were very nice and pleasant. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RustyDog2010
Reviewed October 4, 2012

My husband and I brought our 2 daughters for some "leaf peeping" and stayed at The Cranmore Mountain Lodge. Our room was super clean, the beds were cozy and fresh and we couldn't have asked for a better stay. Our delicious breakfast each morning was a highlight and made our teenager who typically sleeps in, pop out of bed! We also appreciated their "green" efforts of being better to our environment.
We highly recommend this B&B!!
Irene, CT