1,241 results
All reviews ledges dining room hole golf course white horse ledge cathedral ledge the outdoor heated pool fire pit off the beaten path views of the mountains breakfast was included hot tub diana's baths bit dated third floor new england hiking trails north conway area brunch
Reviewed February 16, 2011

Very nice hotel, clean & quiet. Beautiful views and the outdoor heated pool and jacuzzi were nice amenities. Since the hotel has 80 rooms the pool area was never too crowded. We purposely avoided February vacation week so there were more adults and could explain not being crowded although the hotel was booked. I would highly recommend this hotel. Off the beaten path and away from the center of town traffic. We did ski Mt. Cranmore on Friday and went to Jackson to snow shoe on Saturday.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
carolcranmore, Director of Sales at White Mountain Hotel and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write your kind words about the Hotel.
I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and found it to be a
quiet and restful vacation. We look forward to your return.
Regards, Carol Sullivan

Reviewed February 9, 2011

This older hotel is one of the cleanest and best run places we have stayed. The staff is extremely attentive, service-oriented, friendly and accommodating. There's nothing like relaxing in the outdoor jacuzzi and pool in a snowstorm! Our 6 year old had a blast, and so did her parents! We look forward to returning. We have already recommended the hotel to others. (One suggestion would be to upgrade the mattresses...the beds were a little lumpy and too soft for my back.)

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 31, 2010

To us, a pleasant stay anywhere is all in the details and that is what White Mountain Hotel & Resort gave us. Our one-week stay provided the management and staff numerous opportunities to show their skill at making our stay enjoyable from our rooms, to the Tavern, to the Dining Room. Everything (quality and price) was as advertised (Web site) and expected, including freshly-fallen snow. This even included the Dining Room staff covering dirty dishes as they cleaned the tables. We had easy access to shopping, hiking, climbing, sightseeing, snowshoeing, xc skiing, and off-site dining. Cheers to everyone at White Mountain Hotel & Resort. Karen & Art (Karts) Huseonica, Maryland, USA

Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 24, 2010

My entire family has enjoyed staying at the White Mountain Hotel and Resort since first discovering it in 1995. Our kids joined my wife and I for 6 consecutive New Years Eve vacations and we have also stayed during the off-season as well as during the busy summer months. We have ALWAYS left with fond and pleasurable memories and since the hotel upgraded the rooms and replaced their mattresses a few years ago, a nights sleep is truly relaxing and invigorating. While this is no corporate giant type hotel, that is fine with us. The staff, housekeeping and food servers are always pleasant, helpful and courteous. I have stayed at MANY expensive, posh hotels across the USA and in my opinion the White Mountain Hotel ranks in the top 5%.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank OSHCON
carolcranmore, Director of Sales at White Mountain Hotel and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2010

Thank you for your kind words. I would say if you could summarize our overall goal at the Hotel, it would be to provide a "home away from home" for our guests through quality service and attention to detail. Thanks for your support and we look foward to your next stay. Introduce yourself to me the next time you are here, I would love to meet you in person.
Regards, Carol Sullivan

Reviewed December 15, 2010

When we got there it was dark, and we went right to the tavern. When we received our food, it looked poorly presented. I got a quesdilla and that was all that was on the plate, a small quesdilla and it wasn't even that great tasteing. When we got to the room the first thing I said was that htis is so not worth what we are speonding our money on. Yes it was clean but there was no wow factor as the website seems to have. I did love the Aveda in the bathroom. When we woke up I did notice the nice mountain view, We hardly ate at the hotle because the prices of the food was too high. We had to go into town and eat, let's put it this way when we saw how much a bagel sandwich was we wnt to another place in conway that gave us two eg sandwiches for the pprice of one egg sandwich at the hotel.

SO not worth the money it was like staying at the holiday inn for what should have been 89 dollars a night. and the beds were not comfortable at all.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple