White Mountain Hotel and Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
White Trellis Motel(North Conway)
Adventure Suites(North Conway)
View Hotel
The Stonehurst Manor(North Conway)
Clarendon Motel(North Conway)
View Hotel
Eastern Slope Inn(North Conway)
View Hotel
Maple Leaf Motel(North Conway)
Colonial Motel(North Conway)
Briarcliff Motel(North Conway)
View Hotel
School House Motel(North Conway)
1,170 results
All reviewsledges dining roomhole golf coursewhite horse ledgecathedral ledgethe outdoor heated poolecho lakefire pithotel is beautifuloff the beaten pathviews of the mountainshot tubbreakfast was includedbit datednew englandthird floorhiking trailsnorth conway area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 5, 2010

We have been staying a long weekend at the White Mountain Hotel and Resort for 7 years and we always return because of the beautiful location 5 minutes from North Conway, yet secluded feeling, with a beautiful outdoor pool, and wonderful restaurant with a 180 degree view of the Mt Washington Valley, close to Storyland, Mt Washington, hiking, skiing, and all our favorite outdoor activities. The hotel is so clean, the staff so professional, and the food so good. We love feeling like we are at an exclusive resort for a very reasonable price. since we live a good few hours from the NH mountains, we make a long weekend of it with extended family, and the White Mountain Hotel holds lots of special memories for our family.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
carolcranmore, Director of Sales at White Mountain Hotel and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2010

Thank you so much for your very kind comments. We pride ourselves in our staff and the cleanliness of our rooms, and we are so happy that you have made us your "second home".
Sorry for the delay in response, we have been so busy with fall foliage. Georgeous here right now! See you next time.

Reviewed August 31, 2010

Nice view that's it. The hotel is not well maintained. The clients are loud in corridors. The rooms are not sound proof. The pool area is ugly. The food is mediocre, the service as well.
People at the reception are nice. The crowd is more than average. This is not an experience.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank cdman12

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding you recent stay. I am sorry to read that you didn't enjoy your experience. As you can see from other Trip Advisor comments, this is not typically the case. The panoramic views of Mt. Cranmore and Mt. Kearsage poolside are stunning, but I am sorry if you did not enjoy the pool surroundings. Please feel free to contact me directly if there is anything else that you wish to discuss. Regards, Carol Sullivan

Reviewed August 30, 2010

My mother in law slipped on the ice surrounding the outdoor heated pool. The cement is supposed to be heated, but not on this occasion. Concerning her injuries, two follow up calls were placed to the management. Neither was returned.

On top of this insult, the staff (particularly the bartender in the tavern) was rude. At one point I apparently mumbled during an order and the bartender replied by mumbling himself, like in an attempt to insult me.

The room was way to warm and stuffy and our calls to the desk went unreturned. When I returned I posted by review on the hotel's website guest book. They removed the negative review, so I posted it again. Within days they had removed it again, so thankfully we have this site so you know the truth of how they treated us.

On one positive note, the food was good, but if I want to be treated like a jerk, I'll visit someplace New York.

Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NH_Traveler14

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, and I apologize for the delay in responding as it has been quite busy with fall foliage. I don't have a record of any incident poolside this past winter of 2010, so I am wondering if the date of this event is correct? Please feel free to contact me directly to discuss. Regards, Carol Sullivan, Manager/Director of Sales

Reviewed August 22, 2010

This is a beautilf hotel, well maintained, and well managed. The views of the cliffs from the hotel were stunning. This is an old, but completely updated hotel. It's very quiet (especially at night, which to us was good), but also very busy, with many guests and a lot of activities. I talked to a number of people and learned that many of them have been customers of this hotel for decades, and love the place. The pool is heated and excellent, with adjoining game rooms and a gym. The restaurants were packed (though we didn't use them this trip, because we off doing activities most days) and seemed reasonably affordable. The only down side is that the room seemed a little small for four people, but maybe again, the problem is that our kids are getting bigger ( 9 and 12) and maybe we need to look at adjoining rooms. There was a problem with the internet service from our room, but I simply moved my laptop to the main lobby, and reception there was very good. We plan on going back , and I would definately recommend this hotel. It's a hidden gem.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank sobodad
Reviewed August 18, 2010

The location is fantastic off the main roads, but close enough to activities.The staff was professional and caring, making sure you had everthing. My husband and I enjoyed our stay and even were able to book an extra night.. We will be back!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wanderer29526
carolcranmore, Director of Sales at White Mountain Hotel and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2010

Thank you for your very kind words. Glad to read that we are meeting and exceeding your expectations! Can't wait to welcome you back! Regards, Carol Sullivan