1,227 results
All reviewsledges dining roomhole golf coursewhite horse ledgecathedral ledgethe outdoor heated poolfire pitoff the beaten pathviews of the mountainsbreakfast was includedhot tubdiana's bathsbit datedthird floornew englandhiking trailsnorth conway areabrunch
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We recently had a combined Wedding Anniversary party at the White Mountain Hotel - my Inlaw’s 50th and our 25th. Dennis Duprey was a pleasure to work with and extremely helpful. There were over 60 people attending the party and everyone raved about how nice it was! The food was excellent and I would highly recommend the Prime Rib dinner. I also can’t say enough about the wait staff. They were all very friendly and attentive. The night was absolutely perfect and I would strongly recommend having your function at the White Mountain Hotel. Thank you so much for making the night special and something we will always remember!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Michelle M
carolcranmore, Owner at White Mountain Hotel and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

First let me say Happy Anniversary to you and your in-laws and thank you so much for celebrating with us! It was a wonderful event, and we were honored to be a part of it. Thanks for the nice feedback on Dennis and his staff. I will make certain that they receive a copy of your kind words. See you for your 26th!

Reviewed September 2, 2012

The location of the hotel is nice... we got a room facing the mountains, was calm, beds very confortables, nice view and clean too! the lobby is huge and very nice, the dining room for the "inclued" breakfast (1,50$ per person for a buffet) was plenty enough for us... there is a pool, golf court, tennis court, heated pool outside ( unfortunately, it was raining for us) a lots of places to park the car and the location is great... hidden a little far in the forests, it was a nice spot for us... close to the outleets too! Nice gardens surrounding the area, it's was very confortable... would recommand this place to anyone who needs a quiet sleep ;-)))

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Jebelis
carolcranmore, Owner at White Mountain Hotel and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

I appreciate you taking the time to review, and am happy to read that you enjoyed the property and surrounding tranquility.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

I stayed at the hotel in june 2012
The area was magnificent, and those photos of the hotel sorrounded by mountains really blew me off
It is a pity that the owners have not updated the hotel in order to match the background .
We got a room facing the swimming pool . Unfortunately that means you are facing the aircon machines of the hotel kitchen . If you light sleeper, forget about having the window open
The breakfast is a tired affair, served by an even more tired team .
Not going back

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank naza2005

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am always happy to read comments from our valued international guests. I am sorry, however, that you did not feel the the property met your expectations. We are currently working on improvements to our complimentary continental breakfast and can assure you that this will be implemented immediately. Our decor is in the "Colonial Style", and we are currently in the planning stages of updating key areas of the Hotel. I hope that you will return and give us another chance exceed your expectations.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

August 19-21 were the dates that my fiance and I stayed at White Mountain Hotel and Resort to celebrate our Anniversary. When we pulled up to the hotel and saw the secluded location and the beautiful mountains all around, we knew that this is the perfect place for us. The staff was very nice and courteous, the room and shower were very clean and well-obtained. (Our room was the 'King bed with a view of the mountains'). The complimentary Wi-Fi in the room worked great and so did the TV. The continental breakfast was good (added charge of $1.50 per person for gratuity). They have a menu on their web-site for the breakfast and dinner.
We had dinner at the hotel one night and the dinner was delicious. I ordered Tavern Steak and my fiancee had New York Sirloin. The restaurant has beautiful views from the window seating. Very romantic, quiet and relaxing.
Landscaping was well kept-up and beautiful. A lot of nice backdrops for picture taking (which is a hobby of mine). The hotel is close to Diane's Baths cascade of waterfalls (which is a must see) and also close to a lot of other fun things like horseback riding. Yet the hotel is tucked-away to give you privacy and relaxation when you are staying there.
The only thing that I would say was on the negative side was the out-dated lobby. Too much patters, prints, and colors but that's not a big deal at all.
We will definitely return here in the next few months.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Anzhie R

Thanks for your wonderful and honest feedback. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your return trip. We are currently putting together a plan to update the lobby and appreciate your honest feedback.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Lovely but unpretentious hotel. Wonderful and peaceful setting, with impressive ledges (bring binoculars and watch the climbers) to the rear and spectacular mountain vista at the front. Comfortable rooms. Nice menu for kids. Very friendly and efficient service. Excellent housekeeping. Outdoor heated pool, 9 hole golf oourse.

Ten minutes or less to downtown North Conway whether or not you go there. Nearby are great hiking trails and swimming holes on the Saco. Before you arrive, buy the Appalachian Mountain Club handbook: maps and trail descriptions will give you essential info. Go up Mt. Washington on foot, on the auto road, or on the cog railway. Unforgettable.

Room Tip: We were on 2nd floor and occasionally heard folks moving about overhead. Not a major problem at all; but next time I'd choose to be on the third floor rather than the second. In general we thought guests were very considerate.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank amitybc
carolcranmore, Owner at White Mountain Hotel and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay, and we thoroughly enjoyed having you as our guests. See you next time. Carol